Need some help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ninjastar, Dec 8, 2009.

1. ninjastar

I don't care what kind of person I fall in love with regardless of gender since I've never been with a man or woman. Right now I am have feelings for a girl who is very straight. I'm really sure that my feelings are real but I don't know what I'm suppose to do. I don't want this to ruin our relationship by telling her how I feel but I have been keeping everything inside that I don't know what I should do. :help: Please.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Developing feelings for someone where we know that things won't work out, are always the hardest to get over. Try to distract yourself as much as possible so to keep your mind busy. It is really up to you if you want to let her know about your feelings for her, but if you feel that it might ruin the friendship, then maybe it would be best not to say anything at the moment.

By chance, if it involves coming out to her, or would require you to come out to her and you feel your are not ready for that step, then maybe that would be another reason to wait for a while before telling her.

Sometimes, we have to go through experiences like this in order to become stronger; and you will become stronger. Having an attraction to, - and feelings for her, allows you to explore another side of you. As hard as it might seem, but these feelings will allow you to get to know yourself better and will help you to figure your sexual identity out. It will help you to make sense of things in the long run.

What might help you, (and if you haven't yet) try joining a LGBT youth club either at your school or in your community. Having someone to talk to about these things could really help you. Another thing you could try is perhaps speaking with a counselor at your school. Often times when we talk about ourselves out loud, it is then when we start making sense of things and become perhaps more aware of what is happening.

I hope this helps a bit!

3. RaeofLite

(*hug*) Straight crushes really suck. For now, hang out on EC and maybe look over old threads. I'm sure every one of us has had at least one crush who hasn't felt the same way.

welcome to EC.

4. Jim1454

Hi there and welcome to EC!

Having feelings like this can be really tough. Sharing them with someone isn't necessarily going to help them or you. They can't return the feelings if they're straight, and in fact it might make them uncomfortable. You in turn will likely feel uncomfortable, and remain disappointed.

Instead, I think you need to accept the fact that you can't have a relationship with this person, as they aren't availble to you. Instead you should be seeking out people who ARE available to you. If you think you'd like a relationship with a woman, then you should be seeking out other lesbians or bisexual women. Through a support group or local club or something.

Good luck!

5. Cheese Love

Hey, I know it's hard and I've definitely been there...

My first straight crush, I kept it to myself because I knew it would make my friend really uncomfortable.. You really have to gauge these things person to person on how they would react.. but also understand that if someone is straight, there's no changing that and it's best to try and let it go.