Best City for Livin' ...in

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MissNomer, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Come to the uk =]

2. MissNomer

MissNomer Guest

I've never really felt drawn to Toronto. I'd like to visit, as I would most cities, but it just seems bleh. Maybe because of the Maple Leafs? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ottawa, I imagine to be quite pretty...but politics make me sick.

I'm leaning more and more international. I think if I'm going to stay in Canada, I'll move back to Vancouver or stay here. BC pretty much wins all.

----------

I'm actually considering the UK. What's the scene/community like there? Edinburgh has been calling to me for years. London as well, though I think I fancy old versions of London more than the contemporary...I've never been, so I don't know, but...there's something about that hideous London Eye monstrosity that turns me off. >.<

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I´m guessing that most people are going to end up putting the city that is closest to them.

As such, I'm going to say Boston :grin: .

4. 507bro

Minneapolis because the mall of america (giant mall) is only a train ride away

5. MissNomer

MissNomer Guest

Ew. Malls. Definitely not a selling point. I'd far prefer a funky downtown centre, for my shopping experiences.

6. Greggers

Utrech in Holland is a super hip "University" city that is basically just amazing? Its super beautiful, super modern in some places and super classic in other, super gay all over, and close to Amsterdam :wink: Ive been there and i wished i could live there... (They also all speak english, well, almost all.)

I could not find a picture to do it justice, did not want to upload one of my own, so this will have to do:

[​IMG]

7. MissNomer

MissNomer Guest

Hmmmmm, Holland.........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll have to poke into some job stuff. It does look pretty. Thanks!

8. ok455

Check out http://www.city-data.com/forum/ they have good info about different cities around the USA and a European and Canadian forum as well.

What about Pittsburgh pa? its an affordable nice size city lots of outdoor activities etc,

And i heard Raleigh, Durham nc has a Good lesbian population i don't know how you feel about Southern Cities

Ocean County Ca is pretty too its just expensive i would love to live there near the beach and stuff

I hope to move to a city someday i hate where i live at its too boring here. I would love to move to a city with things to do

9. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

id have to say liverpool. i love the accent down there. i was plannin on movin there next summer but plans are as usual on hold. second thoughts and other stuff.

10. Kryz

I should be saying Mexico City...

but really don't know, I mean it's great coz it's one of the biggest cities in the world, and thus has about EVRYTHING, but I wouldn't know...

11. Johnnieguy

Minneapolis, MN...VERY accepting of gays. Tons and tons of gay clubs here too, including the 90's (largest gay night club in the upper midwest), plus the Saloon, Townhouse, 19 bar, tons of others too.. We have the 3rd largest Pride festival in the USA, tons of theatre/arts, and it's one of the most liveable cities in North America. You would be amazed at the network of bike/walking trails too..

12. iLambedil

iLambedil Guest

San Fran or Brussels!! Brussels is a GREAT city! You would definitely find no problem teaching there!