1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 year friendship down the drain.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NateDawg, Oct 20, 2009.

1. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ouch. I've had a couple of people do that to me (the whole God thing). The easiest way to deal with it is to either have some ammo up your sleeve to prove them wrong, or just shut them out.

The bible may say that it is an abomination to sleep with other men, but the same book of the bible (Leviticus) also states that shellfish is an abomination. It also says that cheating on your wife is considered adultery, and Revelations says that adultery is punishable by death. Does this mean that people don't eat lobster and kill their husband if they sleep with another woman? Nope.
    Practically everything in Leviticus, Revelations and the other Old Testament books aren't counted much anymore, yet the Catholic Church basically picks and chooses to suit themselves.

The Ten Commandments show that religious people should love one another. Love thy neighbour, judge less ye be judged...

Basically, people with true Christian beliefs do not have the right to discriminate or insult based on sexuality. If your friend is doing this to you, they are not a true friend.
    Hang in there bud. (*hug*)

2. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The OP,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The way you came out, I thought you were only having problem with your friend.

Most people these days have come to reconcile homosexuality with religion. There are a bucket of materials in the net that speaks about the importance of accepting every individuals as a crucial part of any Faith. I am sure there are many organisations as well that deal with combining homosexuality with one's Faith. Why not try to expose your family to such materials.

3. Jim1454

You've already done it. You've cut your ties and eliminated a toxic person from your life. Sure, you'll miss her. But there are other people that you can enjoy spending time with.

4. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys. I'm going to have mom watch prayers for bobby. if i can get her to sit down long enough.

5. No One

I know how you feel, when i told the kid that had been my best friend since age 2 he flipped on me, told me i was going to hell, and told everyone in my old school. Its hard for me to talk about that because i hate him so much but all i have to say is that dont let it get to the point im at. Try to talk to her and calm things down.

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The book of revelations is not in the old testament, it's the last book of the new testament, dude. Though i do agree with the catholic church picking and choosing to suit themselves.

what an asshole, i would go medieval on that prick

#26 Pseudojim, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  7. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoops, sorry. XD I haven't read the bible for a while as you can see. And I don't plan on doing so either for a long time.

But what I say is still true.

8. Amy

Amy

This was me in May of 2008.
    Just hand in there.

Shitty advice, but it works.

9. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm really sorry she didn't turn out to be such a good friend after all. :icon_sad:

But hey those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter. I think that's the best philosophy to live by because if someone can't accept you for you then they're not worth your time.

Even if she doesn't value you, we do. (&&&)(*hug*)