relationships... how long do they last?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alex19, Aug 19, 2009.

1. partietraumatic

ive only had one,it lasted about 4 months i think.

2. grapevine fires

Longest was 6 months, with a guy. We ended up splitting because he was a douchebag and decided that he wanted to have sex with another girl since she was willing to put out. I didn't want him in me, so I kept telling him "no". The only reason he was with me, really was for sex.

The shortest relationship was less than 1 month, with a guy. We were very close friends, and we didn't do anything.

I haven't had a formal relationship with a girl yet. :/ I've been so close so many times

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

2.5 months or so was my longest ^___^ .

4. chonko3266

So I'm curious...what'd you say in this text message? haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I just entered into my first relationship ever. It's lasted like 1 week so far, and will hopefully last much longer!

I think the key is to start out very very slooow.

5. Alex19

well, i told him that i needed to talk to him about something important. then, i told him that i think i rushed into the relationship, and some other stuff. he asked "are you breaking up with me?" and i said yes, then he said, "can we still be friends?" i said yes, and theres where we r now. he texted me last night, but i didnt feel like talking to him lol

6. I hear that, brother.

7. Samus610

official relationship history: 36 days

unofficial relationship history: 9 months

8. Jim1454

How long do they last? Quite often 'til death do us part'. It really does depend on whether you're willing to invest the time and effort that's required to keep it healthy and strong.

I was married for 9 years and we dated for 18 months before we were married. I thought we had a good relationship except for the obvious orientation issue that surfaced. As a result, we still have a good relationship as co-parents for our daughters and we remain good friends.

I've been with my boyfriend now for a year and a half, and we seem to love each other more every day. But we started out as friends and went fairly slowly and carefully from there. Communication is key. Commitment is important as well.

I think it's easier as you get older to determine who a compatible partner will be, and then the odds of a relationship lasting longer improves. Don't worry about relationships lasting a long time when you're in your teens. That's when you're figuring out what you want in a guy / girl and when you finally meet that person, you'll know it.

9. HalfInsane

Shortest- one week.
    Longest- nine months.