The God Box by Alex Sanchez

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 71390S, Jul 18, 2009.

1. 71390S

71390S Guest

Has anyone read it? I think it is just amazing! My mom bought it for me, it's about a gay Christian boy who is having trouble accepting that he is gay. Then he meets a gay Christian boy who doesn't feel bad about his sexuality and did not give up his faith. I was worried it would be too cheesy or dumb, but it was really a thought provoking book and inspiring. I recommend it to anyone, including non glbt people :slight_smile:

http://www.amazon.com/God-Box-Alex-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247980502&sr=8-1

2. Alexander

It's one of my favorite gay christian books. It's not as good as "So Hard to Say", but it's one of Sanchez's best. :]

3. 71390S

71390S Guest

yeah? I am going to read that one next then ^_^

4. EmperorNero

Sounds kind of interesting. I think I'll look into it.

5. Markio

What section of the bookstore would that be in? The LGBT section at a local bookstore seems to have only erotica... :/

6. MusicIsLife

Its in Teen fiction.

Thats prolly my fave Sanchez book, next to his Rainbow Boys series :slight_smile:

7. silentsound

I have been trying so hard to get my hands on this one! I have read excerpts online and it looks positively amazing!

8. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, seems like a pretty good book. :slight_smile: It's great we have books like this around now.

9. Markio

I took a friend to a movie, and after dropping him off at home I secretly went to a bookstore! And I secretly found and bought and read The God Box! It's a great book! I felt akin to the characters and loved the bible quotes Sanchez included. I was a little disappointed that the main character didn't have any siblings, because I have four older ones and feel like no one else has that particular obstacle. Whatever, the book was awesome.

Today I went to the local library and got a library card! They had some of the Rainbow series by the same author! My mom was there, so I didn't check them out, but I feel great because I can start reading again, without spending money or having to drive (it's walking distance). The moral: Get a library card!