1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Excorcism of a gay demon"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by D_Alejandro, Jun 18, 2009.

1. pianolover95

2. Emberstone

that is why I am a solo practicing christians. I can cut away the contradictions, and focus on the idea that when the going gets tough, I am not going alone. Whether god does or does not exist, I couldnt tell you. but sometimes just to feel that even in your darkest hour, you are not walking the road alone is comforting. I dont expect miracles, but its nice to feel looked after, even if they only opens doors, not push you through them.

But when people do crap like this, it shows how religion in the wrong hand is the most potent source of pure evil in the world.

3. TEres321

This is horrible!
    Im with redsapphire on this one.
    The Goddess would freak. (in laymans terms)

4. Hoppip

I couldn't even watch that whole video. I nearly vomited myself. I had to stop when they were brutally watching him have a seizure. "In the name of Jesus."

That was completely barbaric and irresponsible on their part. Lying on his back having a seizure like that, he could have very well choked on his tongue and died, or even bitten it off.

That was heinous. I can't even imagine the embarrassment and shame that boy has to face. :frowning2:

5. crystaltriforce

wait were they performing the "exorcism" because he was gay?

6. Rygirl

I wouldn't say that I don't believe in God, because the Craft teaches us that there are higher powers which look over us.

I just don't believe in the church for precisely these reasons, I think that they have completely lost sight of Compassion and Humanity, if they ever had those things to start with.

7. DexterMorgan

I don't understand...how did he have a seizure? Am I missing something here? Somebody please explain.

8. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Alot of people who are "exorcised" unconciously fake it. They don't know that it's not really happening or they force it so that the pastors/other church goers believe. I mean, if you constantly saw people being "healed by God" around you, people convulsing when He touched them, you would feel foolish if you didn't have that special connection. I mean, people can trick themselves into feeling all kinds of weird things; this is no different.

That being said, they were clearly performing the Heimlich manoeuvre which is what induced the vomitting. There was a freakin' nurse there! I hope she loses her job over this. This is abuse in the physical, mental and (if you believe in it) spiritual form.

I was half-hoping that he would get up again at the end and say, "Nope. Still gay! See you later, ladies!" And then saunter off.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The power of subtle peer pressure can be profound, and I agree with Numfarh on this. He is likely in a light hypnotic trance where he's suggestible to doing things like body shakes and vomiting and so forth.. If you read the book or saw the movie "Prayers for Bobby", I think it's clear that Bobby truly, in his heart, wrestled with himself over his mom's constant statements that he "wasn't praying hard enough" to get cured, and so he believed it was possible. Likewise, when you see a hypnotism stage show where people are acting like a chicken or whatever... they aren't hypnotized, they're faking it, because the hypnotist has told them, and the audience, that only "stupid" people can't be hypnotized. So I think it's likely that some of the same is going on here.

That said, there are cures of various things that, on inspection, don't seem to be attributable to anything other than faith healings (or the placebo effect accompanying them), and while I doubt any form of faith healing will make someone straight, I'm disinclined to say that these sorts of healings may not have some benefits for some people in some cases.

10. D_Alejandro

Yes, and they were demanding that the "Gay demon" exited his body. Very disturbing.

11. Fiender

Wait, what happened to this guy after the "exorcism"?

12. Emberstone

well, hopefully he found a new church... one that isnt vulgerly violent for profit.

13. Just Adam

more i think about this the more my skin just * shudder*

its so vile make a kid be sick thinking he has some monster in him ... all over wqho he loves ... just doesent make sense :S

14. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    religion makes no sense. end of. :confused:

seriously, a gay demon?

where's the straight demon? the one that lets a marrage fall to bits when they get older? :lol:

15. Just Adam

i wouldent turn down a gay demon... i bet hes a devil in the sack :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hehe

16. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not good with ennuendo's, but whatever :lol: I'll laugh to that :slight_smile:

17. Just Adam

well im sure it was laugh or slap me so im thankfull :grin:

18. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

Am i the only one who finds it a little... Ironic and funny? Not for the kid, i hasten to add, but just that a preacher tried to exorcise the gay out of someone, how superstitious and backward is that? and yet we in the west laugh at the idea of people blowing themselves up for the promise of however many virgins and paradise, personally i find that exquisitely, hilariously ironic. Though i must say i do feel for anyone who goes through it.

19. Just Adam

preachers arent gay f thjats what your implying.....theyre jsut spreading the love of god :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Elven

Better than getting a slap anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But yeah this is horrible... I try to ignore these kind of people but your totally right, its only over who you love, don't they say its the most complicated emotion and also the most influential and unchangable? How did the world get reduced to the exisism of Cupid?