1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Parker, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    GoldenEye

2. mmilam75

This is not true - I can be Mad Max :lol:

3. Shevanel

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan

I held off a long time to watch this, because I really didn't want to let go of BSG as I was already too attached to it by the end of the show. This was basically just me getting as much as I could out of it, because I didn't want to leave it behind, but I guess I have to, oh well. Either way, it was good. A lotta recycled footage from the show, but whatever, it showed us a lot more too.

Speaking of showing us a lot more, being that this was a "movie" rather than just a special episode, it was a little more adventurous with the graphicness. There was some increased violence, but not all that much different that you'd see in the show. The first thing that made me realize this was going to be a lot dirtier were the topless strippers near the beginning. I was like WHOA BSG WHOA xD And then there were more boobies. And then during a brief shower scene, They zoomed in on the guy's dick! I was like WHOA ROFL. xD Damn BSG, my virgin eyes! xD So freakin random.

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tomorrow Never Dies

Although I have never been too big a fan of Pierce Brosnan's James Bond films, I like this one as it has some good effects and catchy lines.

5. Thats actually one of my favorite bond films ever. i think its one of the more underrated ones like For Your Eyes Only and The Living Daylights.

6. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I liked 'For Your Eyes Only.' I like James Bond movies and have seen them all, with the exception of 'The Living Daylights.' I did find the ones with Sean Connery a bit better though.

7. Connery was definitely badass, but i do have a soft spot in my heart for Roger Moore films, especially The Spy Who Loved me.

8. Shevanel

John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars

This film is a HUGE guilty pleasure of mine. It's so bad, but its just so badass too. It really isn't all THAT bad though. I love the cast though xD Natasha Henstridge (God, she's so hot <3), Ice Cube, Clea DuVall <3, Pam Grier <3 and Jason Statham, after his appearances in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. <3 Fucking love those movies too.

9. Im scared to see it because i hold carpenter to such a high standard lol
    But if Pam Grier is in it, i should watch because i loved her Quentin Tarantinos Jackie Brown

10. Shevanel

Stop being so amazing, its a bit overwhelming, Just saying. xD And you MIGHT get disappointed about Pam Grier's role in this. But as long as you don't take the movie seriously, and have fun, You'll like it :slight_smile:

11. awww(*hug*) Ive heard so many people put it like on their top 10 worst movies of the decade list on this horror website i go to and i was like, wow ive hardly even heard of this movie before. but yeah im sure its not as bad as my ultimate guilty pleasure movie: The Wizard XD

12. Shevanel

Moon.

Wow. That movie was fucking amazing. I've heard people compare it to 2001: A Space Odyssey, as going back to what Science Fiction movies are supposed to be. I think that comparison is rather good too. 2001: A Space Odyssey is already one of my favorite films, and probably one of the films I'd call the best ever made, if not THE film. So a comparison like that is rather endowing. But Rightful. This movie was kinda mindfucky, and even creepy in parts. But damn, Kevin Spacey as the the robot GERTY was so adorable. He had Kevin Spacey's voice obviously but instead of a face, he showed emotions through Smiley Faces. At one point, I almost cried because of GERTY's emoticons v_v.

Seriously, Great movie. It was so beautifully done. My one complaint is that it should've been a tad quieter during the in-vacuum scenes on surface of the moon. If there is no oxygen, we shouldn't have been able to hear certain things. Sometimes they got this part right though, echoing 2001: A Space Odyssey with the breathing in the space suit thing. One thing I loved (besides the whole rest of the movie of course) was that the score was done by Clint Mansell, and Clint Mansell is particularly amazing if anyone knows his work (Requiem for a Dream's score being his most famous). Some of the pieces in this film were like really beautiful. This movie really really impressed me. Any science fiction fans, or movie fans in general, I highly recommend this film.

EDIT: And Holy shit, this film was directed by a man named Duncan Jones, this dude barely has anything to his name! Now he's got a whole lot. I really hope to see more from this dude, because I totally wasn't expecting such a new filmmaker being the mastermind behind this movie. Wow.

EDIT 2: If this movie isn't in any best films of the decade lists, I'd be majorly pissed off.

13. ArcaneVerse

Ah ever since I watched a trailer for that movie I've been wanting to see it. Im glad to hear that its a good movie because it looked like if it wasn't done right it could have been a disaster.
    ---------------------

Just finished watching Push, great movie a little slow paced for that type of movie but it still worked, I would have liked a little more action but also too much action would have ruined the whole feel of the movie. Some good cinematography in there as well.

14. bailey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i just watched Scooby Doo! oh yeah!

15. crazydude

OMG just finished watching Shelter, one of the best movies ever! And Zach is so cute!!

16. Eponine

Just finished watching New York, I Love You. I had hoped that it would be a good movie since I absolutely loved Paris, Je T'aime. I was slightly disappointed. It was still a good movie, though. It felt similar, but it was just lacking something that PJT had for me.

17. Bevo

I watched Pleasantville again. It would have to be one of my most favourite movies ever!

18. funkmonk

Funny People.

19. Zume

Most recent was Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

<3 <3 Pure win.

20. olides84

Into the Wild.

Blown away! I so loved this movie. I've watched it 3 times in the past two days - but I think I'm done now :slight_smile: Not sure what took me so long to get around to seeing it, given that it's got stuff I usually go for like being a road movie, amazing cinematography, Emile Hirsch, original Eddie Vedder songs! It's just such an amazingly personal, wonderful, tragic story.