1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh wow....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JurrBurr, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Starshine16

It's your business and if you don't want certain relatives knowing yet,she shouldn't tell them.I would be pissed if my mom told my relatives for me especially if i wasn't ready for them to know.

2. Seanboy23

How funny that she didn't want YOU to say anything to anyone, but now for her it's great fodder for gossip. That's a sign that she's not taking you seriously, nor is she focusing on you and your revelation, which is the important part of all of this.

I have 16 and 14 year old sons, and if one of them was to come out, I fear that my ex would act the same way.

Small consolation perhaps, but we're all here for you! Hopefully time will sort things out for your mom and it will be okay.

3. StandingUp

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats. It's great that you have the strength to push for your rights and individuality. Don't let people force you to be who you're not!!

4. Sam

Sam

She had no right to tell people. It's your business and your choice to tell who you want to tell. That is not right that she told you not to tell anybody and got pissed when you changed your myspace and made you take it off but then goes behind your back and tells anyone she wants to tell.

I hope things get better. Maybe you should confront her and tell her not to tell any more people and then after that don't mention your sexuality to her for a while.

5. Mickey

Damn! I know it's hard,I really do. My mom and your mom sound so alike! (although I came out years ago,I was your age when I did ) As time goes on,she'll see that you're not going to change.
    I got lucky in the respect that as I grew older,my mom grew,too. Now,if anyone says anything negative about gay people,my mom puts those people in their place!
    See,anything's possible. Try to have patience with her. I don't think it was fair that she told people ,after telling you not to. You should now feel free to tell anyone you choose to tell. She opened the floodgates for you! Good luck,sweetie!