1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This infuriates me!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Jun 26, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  2. Trumpetplyer23

I don't know why they do this. It's annoying, they could be trying to end poverty or trying to end the war, but they try to end something that doesn't affect the world's status quo...

I never understood why people would want to ban gay marriage. Why do you care so much about what other people do behind their bedroom doors?!

Also, why is it, in America, that religious figures are asked about politics? I always thought there was that little thing of 'separation of church and state'. But, I guess I was wrong.

3. Poring

Oh my, this just made me sooo MAD right now!! GRRRR

I really don't know why they hate same-sex relationships and marriage so much. What they're trying to do is the real sin; trying to block the love two people have for one another. Ugh..

4. Étoile

It's so disturbing that they'll actually pray for the unhappiness of others, whether they realize it or not.

5. Beebo

That is so frustrating.

There are so many better things that christians could be doing. They are too busy stopping people from doing things they believe is immoral, to show any love at all.

Madness.

6. Alexander

What do you get when you have fifteen-hundred years of misinterpretation and societal homophobia? People who are so confused that they mistake hate for love. grrr....

7. sexyalex

lol u guys:lol:

i hope they die starving in that fast or a suicide bomber locks himself with them in the stadium and KABOOM! now there is a champagin to lok forward to :wink:

I mean, to be prefectly honest we are not the oens making a mockry of marrige, a true bond of love...

daily, hundreads of people go to vegas, get drunk and get married and then divorce 2 days later i mean come ooooooon! How comes no one bands that?! I am suddenly getting the vibe that marriges are never meant to be meaningful....not since Britney Spears 47 hours marrige :dry:

8. Tom

Tom Guest

as Becky said 'what would Jesus do?', from what i have read of the bible Jesus spent his time going around and helping people, be it feeding them or letting them see the error of their ways or various other methods. these modern Christians that are calling for action against gay marriage are not living up to this standard, they are not making anyones life better by having a 40 day fast and 100 days prayer. in them 140 days each on of the participants could change the lives of many others on the third world country for the better so why are they trying to ban something as insignificant as gay marriage?? (i say insignificant because to be truthful a marriage is a small thing in the grand scheme of things, its the emotions and feelings behind the marriage that are important)

so to me the participants are doing exactly the opposite to what Jesus did and wanted them to do, maybe they should just take a look at what they are doing and then have a look at other problems in the world and maybe they will see that there are way more important issues at hand than a marriage between two people of the same sex.

there was also a comment left by greg76 and it says :
    "Well when gay marriage is welcomed with open arms we can kiss all our morals god bye in this country"
    all i can think is that if the morals in America of these Christians does not allow two loving humans marriage then maybe they should kiss all their morals good bye as they seriously need updating and improving.

hmm whenever i see something about Christians and trying to fight off gay rights it always brings out the talkative side in me but ill stop here as ive gone on long enough, much to your relief =D

9. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I don't understand it either, especially when there is so much in the world that actually needs praying for. Like war, famine, drought, child labour, disease, natural disasters, poverty, despotic regimes, terrorism, domestic violence, child abuse, gun crime, drug crime, human trafficking, refugees.

But what do they focus on? The fact that two people of the same sex love each other.

Why is this? Is it because it's easier to preach hate than solutions to actually problems? I really don't know.

But it definately shows where their priorities lie.

"What would Jesus do?" indeed.

#9 ccdd, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  10. sexyalex

lol pray for terrorism. your soo right, you said it girl! They waste energy focusing on the least important things like war over oil and global warming :eusa_eh:
    :lol:

11. pirateninja

Just why? WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE DO THIS!

Is it so they can go home, clap themselves on the back and feel that they are somehow better than us? That just because they are able to have a loving relationship with someone of a different gender that they are more privilieged?

This is nothing more than deliberate cruelty. They aren't scared that "the sanctity of marriage will be ruined". They just want to celebrate "One up to us heterosexuals!" They want to feel better than us and they misuse religion to give themselves the moral highground.

I'm pissed now.

12. Nodnarb

This is just.....infuriating.

I don't understand these people. I don't know how anybody can. Why is this such a big issue? How can people care so much, and feel so threatened about what other people do? It just doesn't make sense...

Maybe the only "positive" thing out of this is that people who normally wouldn't care will be disgusted by this craziness and will more likely to vote against the ban.

13. Hoppip

I can't WAIT until I'm eighteen and I can walk in that voting booth.

Until then, all I can do is write letters to my governor. ;_;

Things like this get me down, but...

The funny thing is, they think we'll give up.

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Lol let them pray for their man in the sky.

No ones going to be smited i'm afraid, Mr pastor.

15. Blaz

Blaz Guest

This makes ALL Christians look bad when it is only a minority of them that does these things. This is true of every type of religious, social, etc. group. . . . .Still, it get's me pissed off.

16. n1ck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It all falls apart when you realise that they cannot, nor can anybody, show that their Christian God actually even exists... Pathetic :frowning2: ...

Would they believe it if they weren't born and indoctrinated in to it? I sincerely doubt it...

#16 n1ck, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  17. mUsIcFrEaK92

mUsIcFrEaK92 Guest

Why does gay marriage bother them so much!?!? Now I'm pissed.

18. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

Yes - Totally in agreement.

19. lcr guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Remember a time when the gay movement flew the rainbow flag as a testament to diversity and tolerance? Those days are gone now because instead of striving for equal legal rights (which, were pretty much already there in full force in California), the gay movement has pushed to make everyone the same. Well, we're not. Marriage licences should not say applicant one and applicant two. We fought so hard for our identities to have the government take them away?

Besides, as I've said before, anyone can use words like marriage, husband and wife. So you could be part of a union and still call your boyfriend, your husband and it would make sense.

But the gay movement needs to show the institutions it wants to be a part of respect. We're so busy trying to make the gay culture like the straight culture, that we're disrespecting and alienating our straight neighbors, and losing our sense of uniqueness in the process.

Not to mention the undeniable religious components of Marriage (with a capital M). Shouldn't we strive to get unions everywhere with all the same legal protection, and avoid stepping on the toes of the 90 percent of the country who believe in God and some form of a bible. Wouldn't we win over more people that way? We Can Not rely on activist judges to circumvent the voice of the people. That's very anti-democratic.

Also, as I've said before, there's nothing wrong with getting a different brand of the same product. As long as we can promote healthy monogomous relationships and the sense of family that comes with that.

I hope the voters have a chance to overturn the rule of activist judges, so then we can try for real legislation that ensures equal rights to unions across the country and not take away the identity straight people have through Marriage, with a capital M.

20. TeeJers

These people make me look like a total ass for being Christian. Jesus taught Love NOT hate. I wonder if I get married to a guy if they will throw bibles at us instead of rice! This is absolutely ridiculous! They are the CHURCH, not the government. The USA was created so their would be separation of the church and government!

OK thanks for letting me vent.