How to get flawless skin?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, May 18, 2008.

1. Gumtree

Actually i seen Nick Jonas in real life and he does look like that (with makeup of course).

Gah i always hate doing this but I TOOOOOOTALLY disagree with Sexyalex. Acne isn't even based on oil production all of the time (although i agree most of the time), moisturizing is RECOMMENDED, Flawless skin is something possible for very few people. There are a HUGE amount of people that have severe acne that nearly all acne treatments are totally ineffective on and when when you do find a treatment it normally causes other physical flaws as side effects.

Most of his techniques are pretty well ineffective (except diet). If you do all of them im 100% sure you will have nicer skin for it but it's not guaranteed to clear acne at all. Actually it could even contribute to it. MOST of it has to with hormones that you have no control over at all during puberty (because of the changing nature of your hormones and body during puberty most medication is ineffective aswell; except the really extreme stuff which normally has heavy side effects)

To clarify that im not totally bullshitting you all; i know this because both of my parents have studied medicine of some form, my step sister is a nutritionist doing a major on acne (mainly because she's in her 20's and still has VERY severe acne even though she is extremely healthy and active and has tried every method out there (except Accutane and Surgery))

And on facts i learned in the past few weeks helping my boss in a Fashion and Body course for models.

2. crossfire0159

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to have really bad skin, and now I have been using prescription acne medication and stuff for over two years and i am looking really good.

I wash with a gentle cleanser, and if i need a good exfoliation i use St. Ives Apricot scrub.
    I either use my doctor's own salicylic acid pads or a medication called Benziclen.
    Both kinda burn but they work good.
    Wash my face once in the afternoon with my gentle cleanser.
    Before bed i wash my face again with the gentle cleanser, and put on some Tazorac gel. It works pretty good.
    And i used to take Dorax, a antibiotic that helps.
    And i also used to get Salicylic acid peels from my doctor's DermaSpa.

It's a lot of work but I'm finally out of that bad stage so it's not as much trouble as it used to be.

But believe me, after all that my skin is not flawless.

3. sexyalex

sweetheart, u can't disagree with me totally and be agreeing with me at the same time :eusa_eh:

ooh..myy allah!
    IT WORKED FOR YOU!! ur like the first person i ever heard said St. Ives worked for u i mean...idk maybe it's a product designed for white poeple (no offence) but here they litteraly took it off the market in jamaica like last summer...
    allot of people were complaining about it burning off their skin. I havn't been brave enough to try it for myself but my cousin did and it made her nose look like plastic, and when she stopped using it, it shrivled her skin. Her skin is good now but i mean...it was nasty man.

I GOTTA tell my friends this, like....WOW :eek::lol: sorry if i seem weird about the topic but....wow....:eusa_doh:

#23 sexyalex, Jun 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  4. rebz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This this this. I find that if I get lazy every now about exercising I will break out hardcore. It seems to make sense that sweat would clear out your pores.

5. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    I'm totally there with you. One thing as well that really gets on my nerves though is shaving. I don't know what it is, but I just can't find a good way to shave. I've tried razor blades and electric razors, neither of them seem to be working for me. My biggest concerns are how they leave my skin bumpy, dry, and often cause me to develop ingrown hairs or small pimples. I hate how time intensive using the electric razor I have is. With razor blades though, so far I've only ever used disposables - which are hella expensive.

Is there any affective way to avoid these problems?

6. RaeofLite

Some things that help me.

-Eating healthy (lean meats: chicken, fish, lean beef, veggie meats), veggies, whole grains, fruits and a bit of dairy
    -Skin care: exfoliating beeds(to open up pores for cleansing), followed by Oxypads (to get out bacteria), then a moisturizer.
    -Moderate exercise 4 or more times a week, and walking around in addition to that.
    -Sleeping 7 or more hours a day helps as well.

That works for me and it shows on your skin, and basic well being. :grin:

7. mm91

I don't know how often you shave, but shaving every day (or often) helps to keep irritation down. Also, I've read that using just soap instead of any kind of cream can help. That's all I've got for that :lol:

8. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On the acne issue .. .. ..

I've noticed that athletes who perspire seem to break out more often than others. My observations come from two family members. During basketball and football and soccer seasons they break out more severely and more often than during the off-season. Perhaps cleansing shortly after the conclusion of exercise would help.

9. kv88

10. mm91

Yes! Try and wash your face as soon as you can after exercise. That way your pores don't get all clogged up.

11. Breakdown

get good face wash stuff, ask at the chemist what u could buy 4 ur skin

12. Mind Freak

Here's what worked for me.
    1. I went to a dermatologist who gave me pills with sulfur in them (I forget what they're called) but they were massive and tasted gross. I took those twice a day)
    2. I was my face 4-6 times a day. Twice in the morning, twice at night, and sometimes twice after school.
    3. I have oil blotting sheets that take the oil off my face during the day (my skin's really oily)
    4. I use a mask that also has sulfur once a week.
    5. Use astringent and a good moisturizer after you wash your face
    6. Drink water and get sleep
    7. I use a special blade when I shave so I don't get ingrown hairs
    8. I use st. ives apricot scrub like 2x a week.
    9. I wash my pillow cases regularly and flip sides every 3 days
    10. I wash my hair daily and don't put product on it at night
    11. I don't use benzoyl peroxide as it breaks out my skin even though its developed to combat acne. >_>
    12. Well matched makeup helps. : )

13. Johnnieguy

Be born with it.

14. Mind Freak

Mhmm. Bump fighter razors from CVS work wonders. They don't shave too close to the skin because there's a plastic piece around the single blade so when you shave it takes off the hair little by little. You don't get a super close shave in just one swipe but if you go over the spot repeatedly you can get a close shave.

: )

15. I'm sure someone has said it, but if you can, go to a dermatologist. He/she might give a prescription and thats how i got rid of mine. i still cleanse, moisturize and put acne medication on every day and exfoliate every so often. thats how i keep my skin clear

16. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

Don't use disposable razors! Regular ones work better and are less likely to cut you.

You can try shaving only downwards to prevent bumps, it won't be as close though.

17. mm91

Okay. Can someone with NO blackheads help me out. I'm sick of the blackheads I have and I want them gone. My skin is pretty sensitive. Oily, but usually pretty dry after I shower. I read that drying your skin out increases blackheads...I moisturize my skin twice a day and usually use toner as well. WHAT can I do to get rid of these blackheads????