1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Choucho, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Rette

People who don't see the irony in buying a Che shirt.

2. GuitarGirl1350

Okay.
    I think affirmative action was instated for a few reasons.
    -Money
    -"diversity" (money)
    -The stigma of the uneducated coloured person and the ensuing social pressures

I know it wasn't made simply to "put the white man down" or so to speak.
    But I don't believe in any form of affirmative action at all. I don't think race or gender should even BE questions on college applications. Or job applications. They are not needed and do not measure your competence or abilities, which is why should SHOULD be accepted in jobs and schools.

In colleges, students are being accepted because of their colour to add to the diversity of the campus over students who are better qualified. They're even getting money for it. It's unfair to everyone involved and I feel it's degrading to the people of colour. It's kind of like saying, "Well, you're black. And because you're black, you can come to my school. We don't really care about your grades, but we need diversity." I would feel SO cheated if that's why I got accepted into a school. I just think it's wrong on all planes, and I wouldn't even go to a school if I knew/strongly believed that my skin colour had to do with why I was chosen.

I don't even get why we need to see colour in the first place.

I didn't mean for it to be one sided, but I didn't want to add a long and drawn out explanation to what is basically a light thread. But, now I have.

Apologies.

3. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone I know, whilst eating parks the food in the side of her mouth so she can talk, and then chews it a bit and then puts it back to the side and talks more. This goes on for the whole meal. she has a skinny face and you can see the outline of the food very clearly. i just get so distracted watching this food get eaten.

noisy eaters too when you can hear everything that is going on. and slurps and slaps and all noise.

guess i just a table snob.

4. Choucho

The fact that my parents don't seem to know how to put the milk in the fridge, so I always have to eat breakfast with warm milk. >.<

5. biggayguy

People who insist that their spelling is correct when it's wrong. :dry:

6. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    -Necro-threads
    -People that record videos in portrait orientation on their phone. Then it's impossible to see it in a decent size on a computer.

7. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I have so many of these but I'd gladly put up with the lot of them so long as I never heard another person eat ever again. I don't like to see it either, but hearing someone eat makes me feel ill and extremely angry. Also the fact that almost everytime I politely ask someone if they could try eating a bit quieter they immediately do everything they can to eat even louder.

I hate people.:tantrum:

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2013 at 04:50 AM ----------

Grammer is only acceptable if you're talking about your surname and you're first name is Kelsey.

8. BornInTexas

I hate it when someone drinks their entire drink at a restaurant waiting for food. Then when their food comes, they only eat half the meal. They also only drank half their beverage. >_< That bothers me somewhat.

9. Vesper

Here are the least controversial ones:
    • Loquaciousness and rapid talking.
    • Chewing and speaking with mouth open.
    • Poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
    • Fangirling and fanboying.
    • Clingy behavior in adults.
    • Posing with victory/peace sign or fish lips in photos.
    • The Grumpy Cat meme.
    • Any news on the Kardashians, and celebrity news in general on "serious" news programs.
    • Non-words like fab, luxe, glam, bro, etc.

10. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    • overly religious people
    • people who can't do math (correctly)
    • people who message me asking "Wanna come over and fuck?"
    • people who don't text back right away
    • idiotic people
    • homophobes
    That's all I can think of right now.

11. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hmm.. I suppose the revival of threads that are several years old? ;/

12. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    • I hate it when someone I'm texting runs out of things to say/talk about and then resort to saying "LOL", "Oh Okay" or send emoticons only
    • ...when people get too close - I have a big personal space!
    • I hate clingy/touchy-feely people (again with the big personal space)
    • When someone keeps asking me why I'm quiet
    • People who are forever complaining about aches and pains, and hate negativity
    • When someone stands right next to me (invading my space!!!) and reads my notes or looks on my pc screen to see what I'm busy with. PERSONAL Computer, not PUBLIC Computer. Back the f off!!!
    • I hate people who misspell words or use abbreviations instead of writing the sentence/word/question in full (eg. wud = What (are) You Doing; HW U = How (are) you, etc.)
    • When someone texts me late at night when I'm trying to sleep
    • I have a strong dislike in even numbers, and it annoys me when the radio, for example, is set on a volume of even numbers. I usually change it to something I'm happy and comfortable with - Just had to add one more thing to the list, as it's now an odd number of things, lol

There are probably a whole bunch of things I left out

#52 Ruby Dragon, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  13. Candace

People who don't text/message back right away, arrogant/cocky people, too much coverage on a story on the news (which happens to not be important, like Kim K.'s baby), pen clicking, incorrect spelling/grammar (even in chat rooms like here), overbearing parents, when my mom yells my name, doing yard work, douchebags/flaky people who are only interested in getting drunk and laid by a slutty chick with their frat bros and treating their real friends who care about them (ME) like crap.

14. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. Bad grammar verbally and in writing, particularly text message abbreviations.

2. People who repeat themselves.

3. Slow drivers, especially when they go way under the speed limit before using their turn signal at the last possible moment. Drives me absolutely insane. Old people seem to do this frequently. I am convinced Pennsylvania has the most brain dead drivers in America.

15. KnownSecret

My pet peeves would be:

1. Being stared at for long periods of time, this literally drives me insane!
    2. Repeating things more then once, I have a rule that if you didn't get it the second time you will never get it lol.
    3. Overly cocky people, oh this gets on my nerves more then anything cause IMO no matter how good you are there is always someone that is better.
    4. People that tell me what I like. This is just absolutely annoying to me, no one knows what I like besides "Me".
    5. When you invite a couple to hang out, and all they do is make out with each other. The relationship part I could care less about, but if I invited you to hang out I really don't want to watch you make out the whole time lol.
    6. Overly emotional people, (people that cry and make a fuss about the stupidest things). My sister is like this crying about not being able to find some jeans common now, life's to short to cry about the simple things.
    7. Religious people that try and make me become religious. Number 1 I could care less what you believe in and what you worship, I don't have any problem with it. Number 2 I have the right to my own religion so don't try and push your religion onto me, It's cool that your so faithful about what you believe but I am never going to believe any of it.
    8. People that brag about doing drugs. Yeah cool you smoke pot whoopdy doo, it doesn't make you any cooler, I could care less about people doing drugs though, its your body do with it as you please. Bragging about it just annoys me.
    9. 2 sided people, people that will happily vent and say whatever they want to you, but when you try and say something they roll their eyes and ignore you.
    10. When you know the person your texting has a full keyboard and all they say is: "Yeah, Okay, LOL, Haha, or some other combination of 1 word". God that's just annoying especially after you just got done writing the person a damn story.

16. moonlightkiss

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People who take religion to seriously, good to believe in something but not good to let something control you like a rule-book

17. tallygirl1128

1. When people call me by the wrong name. My name is Laura, not Lauren. Say it with my now, Lor-ra.
    2. When people use the words retarded, faggot, or gay in a derogatory way. My mother works for the Agency for Persons with Disabilites, so I know quite a few "retarded" people. I've gone to church with them, played sports with them, helped them get into college. They are some of the nicest people I know and to call them "retarded" is offensive to them and we really shouldn't do it. And then there are those that use the word to refer to others that are acting stupid. They aren't retarded, just dumb. Then the words faggot and gay. God, I HATE those words. I hated them before I realized I was not straight and I hate them even more now.

18. Proginoskes

Peeple whoo cant speel!

19. Sabot Kitty

Ambient noise in television or film, especially people chewing or clattering silverware. Real life too, but more the chewing than the clattering.

20. Yeety

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Lack of noise in certain places.
    2. Teachers who call on you even though you don't want to answer.
    That's all I can think of.