How do you live with being single?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MsPurpleFrog, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Right now, I'm not looking and as much as I have thought of wanting a girlfriend I think I have a lot to work on before that can happen.

I think the hardest part ( and many people don't know this about me) is I want the affection which is painful at times not having that. I've been longing for it. I'm a virgin so haven't gone all the way, haven't even kissed....I'm not great with idk asking for that. I get too nervous and people have this mindset that I'm not touchy when it's one thing I want the most. I want to hug the heck out someone and show how much I care.

I try to stay busy workaholic.....

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I totally get where you are coming from, I would never initiate hugging or nothing with my friends and until I got with my girlfriend had never been kissed or anything but I love cuddling so much with my girlfriend. So I get it.

What is it you think you have to work on before you can start dating?

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I'm not sure. I've always been so focused on work. I've been working on myself for quite awhile. In the past I never wanted one. Now, I want one but feel ill screw it up before it goes farther. I have alot of fear.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that's understandable, I think a lot of people get scared that they will mess it up but you will never know if you don't try. Is it just a general fear that you will mess it up or are there more specific concerns?

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay to have some fears, but remember you don't get only one chance at a relationship. Most people have several relationships before they find someone who fits well. You can read and observe others' successes, but it's like riding a bike: you won't really understand until you try it yourself (and probably fall many times along the way).

#25 resu, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's difficult to know because I always doubt myself with situations so it's more of me needing to learn to trust myself.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that can be tough, believing and trusting in yourself. I'm sure you can do it, you just have to keep taking baby steps forward.