General News Hillary Running For President

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Foz, Apr 12, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that is incredibly false accusation. Hillary may have taken a long time to evolve on the issues as millions of other politicians have and it is not fair to single her out because the mistakes she made many others have made. Most democrats were once on the wrong side of gay rights and most of them regret it and me being the forgiving person I am and the vast understanding of politics i have i am over it. Hillary is far more accepting of us and far more qualified than most politicians. I may want a competitive primary but I won't even question voting for Hillary when I am at polls.

You call Hillary a war criminal but if your refering to the Irag War vote many of democrats made that horrendous mistake and it was the Bush admin's fault for lying about weapons of mass destruction. We were all misled and Hillary far from a War criminal.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really think it's gonna be a lose call for her because we have people on here that want her to be president if it's because she'll be the first woman president idk or if it's because they like her politics but now the liberals don't like her and that doesn't seem like a good sign for her.

3. RemakeJake

Pretty close to the way I'm processing and taking this. She's not my first choice but if she's the only liberal choice, I'll fight for her to win. (&&&)

4. AlamoCity

Billary :lol:.

There are certain things that put me off about Hillary Clinton, but the crazier the GOP field gets, the more Hillary will actually look like a centrist. Give me a good centrist GOP candidate who from the get-go doesn't flip flop on gay rights and other issues and I might vote for them. Barring that, I can't in good conscience vote for someone who wants to strip me of my rights.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now that she is running I would really like people to stop talking about Elizabeth Warren being in the running. I don't find her a really likable candidate I just don't and people are just as crazy about her as Hillary. She is not running please get over it!

6. Jellal

a vote for hillary is a vote for bill

7. Foz

Foz Guest

From a UK point of view the democrats are centrist. It would be interest to see a version of the UK Conservative Party in the US as it is centre right and slots right between the two, as a Tory it would make sense for me to vote republican, but the fact they are so resistant to the changes the U.S. needs leaves me with the only option to support Hillary. I think it's more the tea party who are crazy not GOP itself.

8. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bill Clinton is gonna be the First Lady! (!)

9. tulipinacup

I'm honestly surprised and proud at the same time.
    [​IMG]

*Plays So Yesterday on my cd player*

10. Jellal

^threadwinner

11. ChameleonSoul

I was gonna make a sarcastic remark but I think this just killed it! :thumbsup:

I'm glad that Hillary is running. She's easily in the top politicians that I want to run.

12. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's funny. I was very anti-Hillary in 2008 because I thought she was too combative and we needed someone who was more of a consensus builder like Obama was positioning himself to be. Now I think the Democrats need someone like Hillary because the party leadership has lost its spine in response to the Republicans' incessant attacking. Sure, I would rather have someone who was less cozy to Wall Street, but that's really the only bone I have to pick with her, as opposed to any of the Republican candidates who I disagree with about most things.

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of you are acting as if Hillary has to move to the right to be considered a centrist. I honestly think she'd have to move quite a fair bit to the left to be considered a centrist. At any rate, she's the most realistically able to win out of the candidates the Democrats have to offer.

I'm less concerned about her tight relations with corporations; companies aren't inherently evil, though I do hope she chooses to be tighter on loopholes in corporate taxation, for example. I'm more concerned about how opaque a lot of her beliefs and practices are.

14. Psaurus918

I wanted Hilary to win the primary over Obama back in the say and thought she would give up but I'm glad she's throwing her hat in the ring again.

Prepare yourselves for daily news coverage of Benghazi and Email scandal from now until the election

15. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish Hillary hadn't done that stupid private email crap...the GOP is going to go nuts with that (as they already have been). I'm sure it will hurt her chances.

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not happy about it. I expected it. You CAN be a Dem and NOT like the Clintons. Hillary was so evasive when queried whether she'd run for the White House a while back (which is understandable) when you just KNEW she was salivating for it. I think 2016 will be a disappointing election and that neither side will have candidates that I could support.

I was trying to think back to what the rule or situation was that allowed FDR to have a 3rd and a 4th term in the White House. I would much rather keep Obama in the White House, which is sort of amazing because I haven't liked any of our Presidents for a LONG time. Obama's approval rating, which had plummeted, is now up at around the 50% mark. Funny how wishy-washy people are on some things. The economy gets better (under Obama) and now people like him more, as if it was his fault to begin with.

"Hillary Hysteria" is going to get tiring. In fact, the hysteria surrounding Obama back in 2008 got tiring, right down to his authoring a book that people gobbled up. And then, as I mentioned above, those same people who loved him then hated him. I remember when news reporters would put microphones in "John Q. Public's" faces all across America and they'd spew vitriol about Obama, who they supported in 2008.

Politics and politicians are a fact of life and border on being necessary evils.

#36 Tightrope, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

George Washington serving two terms, is just what most politicians would abide by, in a sort of traditional respect. There was no official rule as to how long a President could serve, so long as elections were still held, until Truman's era. Two significant reasons allowed Roosevelt to stay in the White House: "ending" the Great Depression in America, and the idea that you don't change leaders during a major conflict (World War II).

Of course, that's if you don't take a conspiracy spin on it.

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, Kaiser. I had forgotten. That makes sense.

The idea of a 3rd term for Obama crossed my mind as I was doing errands today.

19. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Looks like a hospital sign. :lol::lol:

No, I refuse to bow down to Hillary and her Beltway tycoons nor the neocons. I find it amazing how quickly so many of you forget Whitewater, but some of you were not around to see it. If she gets in, we may as well hand the country over to China in 2024. The debt will skyrocket. She would be horrible with her interventionist policies. I think what sickens me the most is that women will vote for her simply because she is a woman.

20. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Vote for libertarians; we have cookies. We also have gay rights, lower taxes, hold the existing establishment responsible for corporate cronyism, and don't believe in war.