1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Parker, Apr 26, 2009.

1. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, amigo! :slight_smile:

I agree. "Titanic" was probably the best moviegoing experience I've ever had. I remember waiting in line to get into the theater, one of the employees who was our "host" (the theater was brand new at the time) telling the audience how good the movie was, then the movie started. Seriously, I was so enthralled for the entire 3 hours and 15 minutes of the movie. I'd just never seen anything like "Titanic" before. Afterward, I couldn't wait to see it again. It became one of those movies that I didn't just want to see over and over, I *needed* to see it over and over. My parents and I (plus whatever friends I could convince to drag along) saw the movie 7 times at the theater. :slight_smile:

"Shelter" and "Hairspray" have a similar effect on me. I think my theme was "Movies I Can watch Over and Over Yet Not Get Sick Of Them" when I watched "Shelter" and "Hairspray." The thing of where I *need* to see a movie over annd over happens rarely with me, so those movies are really special to me. :slight_smile:

And you must be thrilled that "Avatar" won the Best Picture Drama Golden Globe. :slight_smile:

Yeah, "Prayers For Bobby" was so moving. I was depressed for a week afterwards, and itmade me think about alot of the things going on in my life. I'm kinda bummed Sigourney Weaver didn't win the Golden Globe (I did love Drew Barrymore in "Gray Gardens" though, so I'm happy for her. :slight_smile: )

I watched "Breakfast At Tiffany's" for the first time today. It wasn't bad, and as a pleasurable enough movie. Definately not one I need to see again, though.

2. The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover

Weeeeeeird movie. Really twisted and dark in spots, but also really funny in others, mostly due to Michael Gambon's over-the-top performance. I loved the ending, even though it took a little too long to get there.

3. ANightDude

Avatar winning was actually a surprise to me, but yeah, I didn't mind at all. :slight_smile: I love seeing Cameron on that stage, no matter how awkward it seems to come out.

Hairspray is just so fun and inspirational, though. Not to mention pretty killer dancing there.

Gahd, the Titanic experince. What a strange yet incredible one. You know its getting re-released with 3D and IMAX? :slight_smile:

4. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I love "Hairspray." The music is great, and it's such a happy movie. It always makes me feel happy. And I can sorta do the "Corny Collins Dance" where he lifts his feet a little bit, and his hips move. And I did hear they're rereleasing "Titanic" in 3-D. I'll be there to see that. :slight_smile:

5. ANightDude

I'll be first in line. :wink:

I learned the Peyton Place After Midnight and some of Ladies Choice, and I learned all of Tracy's part in You Can't Stop The Beat, also Link's, Edna's, and the ending part. I felt accomplished. :grin:

6. Possibly Maybe

This:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM6igESrqMk[/YOUTUBE]

7. Shevanel

The Hurt Locker

It was a pretty damn good film, and it looked beautiful too. Slightly Confused though, I don't really know why. Good film though.

8. RaeofLite

The Lovely Bones...

:tears: :icon_sad: But the ending wasn't so bad. :slight_smile:

And if there's an afterlife, I hope it resembles something in that movie...

9. The Hurt Locker

Excellent. And I know I'm probably gonna sound sexist here, but with the film's graphic subject matter and all-male cast, I'm just amazed that it was directed by a woman. Really impressed.

10. Aliens, no offense James Cameron, Avatar was pretty and all, but bring back the terror, not an Imax 3d version of Ferngully

11. Shevanel

THANK YOU <3 Terminator 1 and 2, seriously. What happened to THOSE types of movies from him? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Yes! We need action, suspense, guns, not.....Titanic:eusa_naug

13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]13EUXqIwDkQ[/YOUTUBE]

14. ArcaneVerse

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (The Remake)

It was decent but seriously the ending was crap, felt like there was meant to be a twist that never happened. Or maybe I just missed the point. either way I expected more.

15. Doreibo

Last movie in the cinemas was Avatar. I loved it, even if it was cliche. I really liked his Alienz though. Wicked stuff right there.

Last movie in general though was District 9. The guys were goiing to make a movie for Half-Life the game but it got called off, just like the Halo one, so they did District 9 instead. It is still pretty good and it satisfies most fan boy's needs in terms of "Lasers go pew-pew". Recommend watching it, at some point any way.

Also, all the things you guys said on Avatar. Very true. I still liked it alot though, and after watching I think I got that whole "Wish i were Na'vi" feeling. The guys at Roosterteeth capture the feeling well. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#955 Doreibo, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  16. bailey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Last movie i watched was Saw III, such a gory movie haha

17. iLambedil

iLambedil Guest

I just watch "Avatar" and thought it was beautiful!!! I cried a few times! I would totally give up my human body to become a Na'vi and become one with nature! LITERALLY!

18. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

19. x2x2x2x2y2

The outsiders. Love the book too.

20. Shevanel

Payback

I thought it was a pretty cool revenge flick. Mel Gibson is badass, no matter what anyone says. He's fuckin Mad Max. No one else can be Mad Max. But yeah, It was quite entertaining :slight_smile: