Pads & Tampons (Men beware!)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ccdd, Jul 8, 2008.

1. pirateninja

Oh god, I'm not going to be able to have a glass of wine for a looooooooong time....

2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I still think they look quite interesting. If they stop the need for endless leakage-washing and pad-changing, I'm all for 'em :slight_smile:

@ccdd: I've never found any problem with swimming as long as I wear a tampon. It's the same with when I go in the shower/bath, the flow actually seems to stop when I get in water o.0 So, go for it girl! No need to be paranoid :slight_smile:

3. interstella

I laughed so hard I think I'm gonna be sick :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was thinking of those little cups they serve at church communion that they tell you are the "blood of Jesus". Maybe Jesus was a woman. :roflmao: I'm sorry, bad joke. :wink:

5. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Becky, can I just say, that you are totally disgusting. I mean, blood running down your arm? References to drinking menstrual blood? And I thought you were the voice of maturity.... (I love you really :slight_smile: ).

And James, you made me Laugh. Like, A LOT. When I first heard of mooncups (years ago) I was totally grossed out - I can only imagine the level of terror you experienced! The lesson: don't click on links in women-related threads....

Incidentally, I just got my period, but am sticking to towels and tampons for the time being (but I find the idea of pantyliners alongside tampons a good one, just for that extra reassurance in case I don't get the change-over quite right, but without the bulk. Thanks for that).

I am not entirely convinced by mooncups, and can't find any where I live, but I might give them a try one day - what I like too is the idea that if you get it right (and don't end up with blood spilling down your arm, or, OMG, spilling it all over you on your clothes or something.), then you don't have to worry about disposing of waste, such as when you are out, camping, or at a friend's house. You don't need a disposal bin, which I find a plus. But at the moment, towels and tampons.

And thanks for the comments on swimming - I am just really paranoid I think. Maybe I'll go one day when I'm light so I won't worry too much.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well periods aren't much fun to begin with. Might as well have a little fun with it, huh James? :grin:

I'm wondering how many had off forum conversations about the moon cup though. I sent the link to my daughters. One of them only said it didn't look very sanitary to her. I haven't heard from the other. I think I'll send the link to Adam and get his opinion. :grin:

7. Trumpetplyer23

Oh. My God. Lmao Becky and James. That's hilarious.

Ew...'blood of Jesus', back when I was in a Catholic school I had to carry the 'blood of Jesus' to the alter :eek:

8. KaraBulut

Now that you mention it, this thread does make me want to have a glass. Or two.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My guess is Holly will forget this whole incident in like a day and be back to her old wine drinkin' self. :grin:

10. LOVEjames

I'm very glad my horror made you guy's laugh. xD Maybe I'm masochistic, but I'm still pondering where it all goes. I honestly didn't think women had like... cavernous vaginas that need maps to navigate.

11. sexyalex

that was even funnier than the story about the lil kid who crashed his parents get together with water soaked tampons. :roflmao:

However i think i should tell u girls about somethign that recently happened to a friend of mine in high school, after PE, when al the girls go to take showers, she was about to remove her tampon and the sring went loose. I mean, just came right out...and no tampon. she tried taking nit out, and it never worked...out of panic some friends and i took her to school nurse (who don't know shit i tell yah) and the nurse after gingerly eating her lunch, put on latex glaves and shuved her hand up her vagina.:lol:

did she retreive the tampon? noooo she had to be taken to hospital in guidance counseler's car. it jsut went a little further up and she started complaining that it made her tummy feel yucky and full on the inside. I can just imagin how she felt.:confused:

any of u chicks ever had that drama?:dry:

humpft!:dry: I never saw tampons the same again. that's why i don't make my bitches wear them. Tampons =evil :evil:

12. sexyalex

:lol: i'll look into it mom. Even though my scholarship is for law school :confused:

13. blondeariana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've heard really, really good things about the Divacup, although I've never used it myself. I'd be interested in buying one, but I have no idea how to approach my mom about it. :lol:

14. LOVEjames

Why. Do I keep. Doing this to myself. I googled "Diva Cup" - because there weren't any pictures, and I wanted to see if it was just like the Moon Cup or whatever. And it is, but like... o.o I saw... illustrations... of how to put it in... -.- God help me. I really need to talk to my therapist about this.

"Eddie... I think I'm a bit masochistic."
    "Why do you say that?"
    "I've been looking at menstruation cups."
    "... hm."

#54 LOVEjames, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  15. ccdd

ccdd Guest

If she did have to go to the hospital that's totally gross and embarrassing. I've only ever really had one problem like that - once I had a tampon sort of leave a lot of shreds behind - I got the bulk of it out but because it was too high an absorbency half of it got left in. I then spent about half an hour with my fingers up there trying to retrieve every last bit of it. Not fun. And very messy. I think the shreds probably would have come out naturally after a while anyway, but I wasn't taking any chances.

But in other news what Becky was saying about having non-EC conversations about the mooncup etc - I've had loads of conversations with my friends in the last few days! The general reaction is "eeeewwwww that's gross".

I'm also beginning to wonder if there's a correlation between having "men beware" in the title and the liklihood that men will click on the thread??!!

16. Louise

Erm, Sexyalex excuse me but there is not one single 'chick' here we are either girls or women if you don't mind. Am I the only one to find this insulting... What on earth do you mean by 'my bitches' Do you come from another planet or what!!!!? :angry:

By the way bitches are female dogs so I can't really see them wearing tampons or pads!

On another note, a tampon cannot move higer up than the vagina, it would be blocked by the neck of the uterus so any, even simple minded nurse, should have been able to fish it out with her fingers so I have a hard time believing this story.

#56 Louise, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  17. KaraBulut

This answered one of my questions. It sounds like the plastic is rigid enough that it doesn't have the problems with folding like a diaphragm sometimes does:

18. RENThead

i use pads, ive only ever worn a tampon once, it was sooo uncomfortable (i know its not in right if it hurts, but i tried and tried and it never felt right) i felt like i was about to cry all day, pain that i have only ever felt once before.

i always use pads, i have 3 different types.
    the nighttime, heavy day ones, and light ones.

my period is really stuffed up - before i went on the pill, i would blead for 20-25days, then have 3-4 days off, then start again (basicly the opposite of what it should be) they were always really heavy, and i was getting sick.

i dont think i will b trying tampons for a while..

19. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I had a friend back in high school who had intercourse with a tampon in. She couldn't get it out and ended up having to go to the doctor for help. Yeah, embarassing. :icon_redf

20. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Eeeww, that's horrible! I'd always wondered what would happen if you had sex with a tampon in - I'd always figured that it would get squashed up at the top of the vagina. And that it would hurt. I'd also always figured that no one would actually do that, and that men would like, notice. I suppose this shows (as does common sense) that with a tampon in you can do whatever sexual stuff you like, apart from actual penetration.