1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News YouTube Punishes Atheist for Exposing Christian Who Wants Gay People Executed

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Denial, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Aleko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This man is disgraceful.

But as for the video, I believe it was taken down because of the christian guy not the atheist.

it even talks about it in the article:
    "As he says, it’s possible well-meaning viewers flagged the interview as hate speech, even though Skylar did nothing wrong, and YouTube nabbed the wrong guy. But there should be a system in place to clear up the false positives."

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate religion. I’m not trying to offend anyone but its like people have kids and they claim their religion is family oriented but once there kids come out of the closet boom there out on the street.

4. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree, I too think they took it down due to the so called Christian.

Not all religions do that. My mother is a Roman Catholic who was very involved in the church at the time I came out but she accepted me. There are more and more affirming churches and places of worship these days I just think you hear about the hateful churches more than you hear about the good ones.

#4 Denial, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh I know that. I’m just talking about those hypocritical religious churches and people that do that. I know there is really great helpful churches and good religious people.

6. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, yeah I certainly don't the hypocrites either.

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I won't go on about religion because I've seen and experienced a lot of messed up stuff and it's best that I remain civil...

But these types of people are one of the primary reasons I don't see world peace ever truly happening. There will seemingly always be individuals like this who can't bear to think for themselves and weigh situations logically... A thirst for violence, inability to adapt, and blind loyalty above reason. A scapegoat for their own hatred. Reminds me of Steven Anderson, the madman himself. Somehow, these people get followers. It's just baffling to me, honestly... and that's coming from someone formerly brainwashed!

The article has also been updated, saying the strike was removed. Youtube doesn't always get that right, but at least in this case that has been amended to a degree.

8. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate to say it, because I know there are Christians on here, but unfortunately, their "holy book" does advocate for executing gay people in Leviticus. That's one of many reasons I could never go back to religion.

I'll leave it at that.

9. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah it's shame we can't just all get along. I'm glad to hear the strike was removed.
    I'm Christian. Leviticus is in the Old Testament which was written before Jesus was born and also there are a lot of things in the Bible that are off and I just don't get why so many people don't see that. I'll leave it at that.

10. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because a lot of Christians still choose to live by the rules of the Old Testament. I know the religion I was raised in (and escaped from) did. They considered the OT just as valid as the NT and the religion was worse-off for it.

Look, this isn't me bashing Christianity. I'm just telling you why some Christians believe that monstrous things deserve to happen to LGBT people. I know there are some denominations who don't live by the OT, and who are accepting of and kind to everyone. I've got no problem with those kind of Christians. If your faith makes you happy and gives you a purpose in life, more power to you. My problem is with the ones that absolutely love the OT and think that gives them license to treat everyone like monsters just for not being like them.

#10 ThatBorussenGuy, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  11. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I don't like those people either.

12. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a bit late to this one, but there isn't much activity in this forum anyway. I don't know how long it took for youtube to put it back up, but I think it's good they did. I think the video should have a banner over it or some clear indication what's going on in it and that the vid owner doesn't support hate speech and this is a learning tool of how cruelly insane some people are toward LGBT people. Maybe even include links to Christians that oppose that hate speech or have another video with a welcoming Christian.

As for what the Bible says about gay people, I believe it actually says nothing about consensual relationships, what we're talking about today. There are even at least two stories of what could be homosexual relationships in it and they aren't condemned. Not to mention Jesus' favorite disciple who rested his head on on his bosom. I wish everyone, especially gay people, would see that and stop agreeing with and perpetuating the lie that it says we should be killed. The leviticus situation is about a man exerting sexual dominance over another man, like was normal for men to dominate women. Another word for that is rape which is a horrible thing, but it was especially bad at that time since to treat a man like a woman was such disrespect. Other verses include bad translations and are about lust, idolatry and pederasty or other situations that are harmful to someone. That's the bottom line for evaluating what is sinful, actions that hurt other people. Consensual relationships where people are equals and treated respectfully are not condemned to death in the Bible. Let's start talking about it this way to spread this around rather than the other, highly damaging version. It's all interpretation and there are many examples of various topics that have changed over the centuries and this is the same, or at least I hope the vast majority will see it this way. Surely the interpretation that leads to more love and less rejection and suicide in the world must be the right one.

13. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Andrew. I have pondered my disdain for USA Christianity for some time now. I was even reprimanded here on ECs for my comment(s) about Christianity. It's "not the religion" its the practitioners (some) who hijack Christianity for their selfish demented means. The hate is there within the practitioners and being spineless soles need justification for their hateful actions. Then a cult style mindset sets in, followers being weak themselves, follow the haters.

Research and maybe practice Buddhism. I have for some time now. Is it the complete and total answer? No. But man it's practitioners and teachings are so refreshing.

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m not saying I hate god or even churches. It’s just some of the politics in specific churches that teach hate that I don’t like.

15. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. I'm a Christan myself, but I found I have little in common with other Christians.

16. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same here.

17. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And this is the essence of the problem. What's really happening in many churches is that faith is being squeezed out around political ideology. Faith isn't informing the politics, but politics is informing the faith. The Bible has been reduced to a convenient tool for manipulation to undergird established prejudice.

18. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People should learn that Christianity is just compassion, there aren't all these ideas of violence and damnation against gays. And it says nothing about trans being unaccepted. They take a line of Scripture and run with it. It's honestly ridiculous.

19. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It really is.

20. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: