1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube “State of Pride”

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by DecentOne, Jun 1, 2019.

1. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just finished watching the YouTube production “State of Pride”. It got posted a couple days ago, just in time for June. If you’ve got an hour and ten minutes I think it is worth watching in pride month.

A big part of the theme is pointing out separations within LGBTQ communities (white gay guys as poster image for the “normal” pride events, and places where trans and people of color folks are starting to need their own pride events.

I particularly liked the last segment, which pointed out the issues of being in a wheelchair. Church still accepts you if you have spinal cord damage (but not if you are gay). LGBTQ folks accept you as gay, but are constantly asking “can you get it up?” - asexuality assumed for the guy in the wheelchair.

2. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much for sharing this. It is very well produced.

3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel for the Arab guy saying that a lot of gay people say he's "not trying hard enough". I haven't been through what he's experienced with homophobia, but I have felt a lot of that sort of attitude, that members of the gay community don't take me as I am, and it sucks to not feel accepted by a community that you're supposed to be a part of.