1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Younger visitors, prey tell

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LionsAndShadows, Jun 17, 2016.

1. LionsAndShadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I KNOW, PRAY TELL (NOT PREY)

I’m sure some younger EC members venture to this “later” forum. I wondered about your thoughts and reflections on what we go on about here.

Be honest. I speak for myself but I think we're a pretty resilient bunch (famous last words!)

#1 LionsAndShadows, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coming out (in general), coming out to husband/wife, decisions regarding your opposite sex marriage, dating later in life......it's fairly easy considering a lot of Later in Life Threads pop up in the new threads section.

#2 HM03, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  3. Silly Moon

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well even though 22 seems pretty young, the culture is very different these days.
    I was raised ultra conservative and repressed my sexuality, so, most kids these days are more in touch with their sexuality at a younger age.
    I feel like I missed out when I was a teenager, I was friends with the gay crowd, and I could have explored my sexuality and practiced dating. Lots of kids were openly gay or bi and they knew it very young, so early twenties feels late to me, to be figuring this stuff out.
    So I come here because in a way you guys understand certain aspects of my situation, for example, I dated a man for 3 years because I was lonely and in denial.

4. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't respond much in the "later" forum, but I do skulk around quite often to see what you all have experienced.

I honestly have a lot of respect for you all. There's a wisdom here that I can't fully comprehend yet, but I appreciate it still. You all have gone through things I've yet to encounter, or experience things I've just barely gone through. And it takes great courage to face who you are later in life.

So yes, I agree with you. "A resilient bunch" indeed.