1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Younger generations

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Kevins1197, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

But I get where your coming from, this new generation does have a lot of representation, if you look up lgbtq+ tv shows, movies, there’s so much ,where as back then then wasn’t many Represention. In Illinois, US they are making Lgbtq be taught in schools.Im a millennial, so growing up things were more acceptable and on tv. Btw they are a lot of angry baby boomers who don’t like that.

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think of this quite a bit, how much LGBTQ stuff is in the news and media today and how that should have helped me figure out I was gay much sooner if I was young now. I'm glad people have it easier figuring that out, coming out and various dating options today, at least more so than in decades past. I just can't figure out how i was so uninformed about sexuality, how i never heard about a guy having a crush on another guy, wanting to date him, have sex, etc. How did the news about AIDS, the questions they ask to donate plasma, the news about DOMA and DADT, not get me to understand what being gay really meant and that I was? Did I know more than I remember now and suppressed it then? If people around me thought I might be gay why didn't anyone ever ask or positively talk about gay issues or something to show they're allies, to help me understand? I dunno, I hope progress continues and it's just as unremarkable to be gay as it is to be straight someday.

Pole star likes this.
  3. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

If I’m not mistaken but HIV/ AIDS was huge back in the 70s and 80s and they blamed it on the lgbt community. So when I grew up I associated HIV/AIDs virus with the lgbt which was another reason I was terrified about being gay. That was known everywhere, they made gay very clear as terrible and bad. Now it’s looked upon us a better like for the generations z. Now they view us as humans . I’m happy for them

#23 Nic2552, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    OnTheHighway likes this.