1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Yes, sad to say, homosexuals are still being threatened with death.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Condemning all religions, that's cool now? No, no its not. Religion is poison? Real original statement hoss. I know that you live in a country that spent years under the boot of communist repression, but in some parts of the world, in some parts of the world we can accept people who may have different beliefs or none at all, we dont just dismiss folks out of hand. Didn't you guys persecute Muslim refugees earlier last year, putting soldiers on your border with electrified fences and barbed wire?

2. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We dont play that garbage on this forum, if you want to exclude people, then take a long walk off of a short pier.

3. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im not shitting on your belief system dude so i apologize if it came out that way. but when both the muzzies and christians tell me ill burn in hell forever for not joining their idiotic cult it irks me a bit. also im not hungarian actually i just live here and dont give a shit about this piece of shit country because people here are patriotic right winged asshats. obviously religion has its benefits to it for example my cousins are hyper christians and the best people i know but sweeping the bad stuff (which is a lot) under the carpet like a dogterd and cherrypicking just the good stuff of religion is just lazy and hypocritical

4. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Im not religious but many people here are, Im just saying blankets statements are another form of extremism. Cherrypicking just the Bad stuff of religion is just lazy and hypocritical also.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone,

Please remain respectful of others' view points, and beliefs. If you do not agree with a view point or indeed a belief system, agree to disagree and move on from the discussion. You can discuss issues and topics, and disagree but you must remain respectful.

Also, and importantly, please make sure that you use appropriate language when expressing your thoughts, at all times. For example using the word 'shit' to describe belief systems, countries and/or cultures, is not appropriate.

Failing to do so will result in restrictions on accessing discussions and/or accounts.

6. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  7. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

I suspect this is a result of poverty + religion and not just religion. Do you honestly think that not one of those rich Saudi princes has gay tendencies and is wealthy enough to get away with exploring that side of himself? Religion is first and foremost about control of a population. One of the control mechanisms (particularly Abrahamic) religion prescribes is a very narrow definition of masculinity. The notions of masculinity which come from growing up in an environment saturated with poverty and religion are often very ossified/brittle and staunchly defended. You see these kinds of rigid gender roles being policed in many societies affected by poverty/instability not just the Islamic ones. African American ghetto culture for example. The reasons for this are probably numerous. Speaking of "policing" I've heard first hand from people who grew up and live in Islamic cultures that many closet homosexuals unable to meet their needs legally seek out jobs in positions of authority (such as prison guards) specifically with an agenda to force themselves onto the men/boys they have judicial power over. They can then play it off as "about a power dynamic" (if they even get caught) and make themselves immune to accusations of being anything other than straight.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if some of the men getting thrown off of buildings are actually straight men merely suspected of being gay. But so neurotic and paranoid are poverty stricken religious communities that they would "rather be safe than sorry".

#27 fadedstar, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
  8. Glitters

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But you can't group all Christians and Muslims together like that, you know? I'm a Christian and I've never told anyone they're going to "burn in hell forever". Yes, there are many rude religious people, and rude non-religious people. But we should still treat everyone equally, no matter what their religions or orientations :slight_smile: