1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yelled at them

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Miss Bubbles, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Miss Bubbles

When I told my parents that I was Gay all I did was yell it at them. These were my exact words: "You don't even know anything about me like the fact that I am gay!" The sat there stunned and I just sat down. Then they told me they were okay with it but didn't understand my choice. So now its all okay. (!)

2. pianomike

Lol, that's awesome. It must have been quite a talk you were having. I know it might sounds odd but it sounds like somthing you would see in a comedy.

3. Camman3

I'm glad you managed to come out to your parents =) I'm glad they handled it well enough as well. Hopefully this will lead to bigger and better things. I guess it does sound a little bit like something that would come out of a comedy >.<... Hehe.

4. Just Adam

its not a choice though....apart from taht i suppose alls well that ends well.

5. Eleanor Rigby

Except that it's not a choice, but that's great that you have told your parents and they are fine with it. Congratulations :slight_smile:

6. Jim1454

Congrats that you're out to your parents. That's often the hardest one to do.

7. RaeofLite

Wow. I wouldn't usually recommend coming out to them in an argument or yelling... but sometimes we feel we can't control things that burn up inside of us, threatening to lash out.

*hug*

Maybe you could show them, or talk to them about it not being a choice so they better understand all that you go through? Most people in the world think it's a choice (unless they're gay, les, bi, or trans themself). Do you have a PFLAG (gay support and info) in your area? You might feel better if you looked them up too yourself. :slight_smile:

8. Brad

Well yeah normally yelling something at them wouldn't be the best idea but coming out in the heat of the moment can be a lot easier. You don't plan it so you are not freaking out and acting really nervous. Good job but you may want to have a sit down with them and discuss it properly. Don't feel like you need to explain yourself because you don't however it would be a good way to help them understand.

9. Silvermark

Awesome.
    I was tempted to do this myself; just have some huge argument and list off all the **** in my life in one big rage, but in the end; I just did it the nice calm way of letters and sit-down-talks.

Feel good to be out?

10. Alex19

choice?... i dont think so