1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yay for California, USA!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by beckyg, May 15, 2008.

1. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Wow, great news!

2. Jenni7117

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was so excited when I learned that the state I live in was the second

3. Nodnarb

GREAT news!

51 percent support same-sex marriage

The vote is a long ways off, but it sounds like the Court's decision has a good chance of standing!

4. Condoguyhfx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gay marriage is legal in all of Canada, we would welcome anyone wanting to move north.

5. cryzpi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    my mom and "dad", Jessica and Ashlie, are going to Cali sometime in the next year to get married. It was kind of suprising because they didn't talk to me or my sisters about getting married until they heard CA made it legal. they said it was the reason why they decided to get hitched, but either way I'm so proud of them.

6. MeskElil

i'm really sad, though, because it seems that it was just sort of overturned...a constitutional ban on it was put on the ballot today...i'm scared that it won't pass...

7. hongkong89

Yay. Proud to be from CA

8. cuteiceman187

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Congratulations California!!!!

very good i moveing there next yera come on

9. ColtonSmiths

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Amazing, can't wait.
    And, err, what issues did you have??

10. schoolboy91

schoolboy91 Guest

AHHH!! this really is exciting. We are NOT ruining marriage like people say!! I was with a few of my friends that don't know im bi and and they were bringing it up and talking bad about it and i was just like UGH! lol!

11. LowestVocal017

Re: Congratulations California!!!!

As always. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Those bananas actually remind me of that Nick person from here. I forgot what his screen name was, but he was sure a fun fella to have around. I missed him.

But anyways, back to Californian gay marriage...

(!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)(!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

12. limepink

Largest city in the second smallest state
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really think more states will come soon. I hope so anyway ...

My prediction is by the time I actually want to get married it will be legal in the US. There are NO good arguments against gay marriage so somethings got to change.

13. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It's an exciting time....I wonder which state is next....my bet is on D.C. (even though it isn't tech. a state).

14. Emberstone

honestly, this is great.

and in all truth, the people who are ruining marriages are not commited same sex couples, it is the people who get married and divorced, and married and divorced. if heterosexuals cant seem to all make their marriages work, why shouldnt we have the same chance to make a marraige work?

besides, christianity didnt invent marriage, the midevil church simply grabbed it up and forced it to be a church only function, like many civil functions, simply because the medevil church wanted power and dominian over people's life and pocket books.

it seems to me now that more and more christians are seeing homosexuality as something that is natural, and shouldnt be punished. or are indifferent, and view is let people live and love the way they choose, loving in a commited relationship between consenual adults.

15. iNinjaTeddyBear

16. rosiejuly3

Awesome for California!! 2 down, 48 more to go! I was talking to my friends who didnt know at the time that I was bi and some of them were from California.. They were saying how the people really had no say in it and she was saying how no one she knew wanted it to happen.... Lets just say that we havent talked about the issue since I came out.

17. AeonToy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wait...just to clarify- are you scared that the constitutional ban on gay marriage might pass?

i dont think that you have to worry that much because even though it is put onto a ballot, and that the constitutional ban on gay marriage might pass, the entire country will be put up on so many lawsuits that it may just take a little longer. the world is turning.... however slowly, but it is

18. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

no one should have the right to tell two people in love that they cant marry each other. marriage has also lost its biblical side too cuz 60% of all marriages today end in divorce so its not realy sacred and all religious that much anymore is it? California has done a wonderful job in showing America that marriage should be open to all who lov each other, not just to a man and woman.