1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y'ALL

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheodoreAC, May 23, 2020.

1. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found one of my family's old portable CD players and guess what. IT FRICKING WORKS! I'm keeping this thing. I love it. I have two cd's my grandpa bought for me from walmart and they aren't exactly my taste in music but it's music! Currently I'm using a AC cord to play it but I'm going to ask my grandpa to buy the batteries for it so I can play it on the porch and stuff. It's a great way for me to drown out my mother screaming at the walls and shit so I'm definitly going to treasure this thing. It's a Sylvania SRCD 4400 and the function switch is gone but I can use a pen cap to switch the functions. I'm so happy!
    The CD's I have are P!atD's Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die and Ed Sheeran's Divide. Both album's are kind of boring but I like a few of the songs so it's fine as long as I can drown out my mum with it lol.

2. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is awesome! I'm still old fashioned/old soul on certain things, and listening to CDs is one of those (i don't like streaming, but I also have an Ipod and use that too). I actually have a portable CD player/radio, its battery operated but you can also plug it in as well.

I have a whole CD collection (rather not say what, because my music taste is kind of embarassing to most people). I play most of them when I'm cleaning.

3. Loves books

It’s so weird it sounds like CDs are so old. To be fair twenty years ago around this time in may I bought my first CD. It was a Britney Spears album. The song Hit Me Baby One More Time was huge with me and the other 8 year olds. I found a box of records in my great uncles house and they are old. My dad has a million tapes in the drawer under his bed and we have something that can play them, but since my mother got given Google home as a gift she spends her time demanding certain songs then getting annoyed when it mishears her. I have an iPod touch that I love.

4. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Music is great for the soul. I love it. Personally I use my phone most of the time but whatever works!

5. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I remember having a portable CD player, but that was back in high school... As much as I liked it, carrying around a change of CDs wasn't very convenient.
    I still buy CDs, but I either put them on my iPod or, more recently, my phone. Or I use my phone to listen to music online.

6. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god! Yass! Lucky!! I don't have a portable CD player but want to eventually get one. I have a CD player on my nightstand and a bit of a CD collection.

As for portable players, I have my Walkman MP3 player, aka one of my most treasured things! I love that thing and have a ridiculous amount of music on it from over the years. It's almost like a very disorganized, chaotic 'yearbook/timeline' of my life and my music tastes. I literally only just started making playlists this year! I never knew how to do it before, and had never rly thought to do it, so finding a song was an increasingly long free-for-all of just scrolling thru tons of songs. I still need to make and organize more playlists for the insane amount of songs I have on that thing. I basically only use playlists now instead of scrolling thru literally every song on there. I can't believe I used to do that for most of my life. xD

I love old-school type stuff, and owning my own physical, one-time-payed-for copies of songs and stuff, and want to get vinyl/record stuff some day too but I thought it was kinda pricey (is it? idk). I don't really listen to music on my phone, especially if I'm not somewhere I can just charge my phone cause I want to always keep at least 50% battery in case of emergencies or otherwise needing my phone, but on the really rare occasion I do use my phone for music, I use iHeartRadio since it's free. I usually listen to chill stations on there, like reggae.

I listen to my MP3 player pretty often tho. In fact, I only just turned it off a bit earlier so I can charge it lol, the battery is only on one bar.