1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox: upgrade now or wait

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BothWaysSecret, Mar 3, 2019.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I still use and play my Xbox 360. Other than for a sticky disk door and the loud fan, it works fine. but I'd still like to upgrade because Microsoft will stop supporting it eventually, plus I just feel like a new system would play better.

There are some game out for the Xbox One that I really want to play. I'm considering upgrading from the 360 to the One as most of the game I own are either forward compatible or have Xbox one versions.

However, since the One has been out for a few years, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to wait a bit? I feel that as soon as I buy a One, Xbox will release a new system.

Should I perhaps wait a few more years, or buy the One now?

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to tell. There have been strong rumors that the Playstation 5 isn't very far away, and Xbox will be forced to release a new one to compete with it at the same time.

You could probably find a cheap used Xbox one on Ebay or wherever for only like $100 since they're pretty old now, and then upgrade to the new one when it comes out in a couple years.

3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever I'm making tech decisions, I typically look to previous announcements. Tech and gaming companies tend to make their big announcements around the same time in the year. A quick look at the Xbox One and Xbox 360 shows that they were announced in May of their years, but there was also a huge gap (11 years?) between the 360 and One.

I'd recommend waiting until May, or E3 in June at the latest to see if they make any console announcements.

4. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may partially depend on what you want as well. If you get an xbox one now, there's a huge game catalog for it now, a lot of which is old enough that you can now get the games used or at least cheap. If you wait for the ps5 or whatever the new xbox is going to be called, depending on what they do this time, you're going to wind up paying top dollar for the new machine and it may be a long time until the game catalog builds up. Plus, there's always a period of time where games are still being made for both systems. BUT, you risk not being able to play the latest, greatest games if you go with an xbox one right before they come out with something new. I bought a ps4 the day it came out (largely because my ps3 was on its last leg at the time) and it was a loooong time until there was much of a game catalog for it.

5. Waffless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think you should wait because they are gonna release a new console in around 2020 search project scarlet

6. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course the kind I want seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. I'm trying to get the Xbox One S two controller bundle (none of the ones with games are any I would play), plus the One X still seems fairly new, and still kind of expensive.

Seems to be out of stock on every website I've checked (Checked the Microsoft website, Target, Best Buy, WalMart, and Gamestop). Amazon has one for a little higher than I'd like, but it would probably still be cheaper than the One X.

7. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a One and it is pretty sweet. Plus if you pay attention to the Microsoft store they drop some games for free. I didn't pay anything for Skyrim Special Edition and it has mods, and I didn't pay anything for Neir Automata which had been a Playstation 4 exclusive.

Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse was another freebie and it is freaking hilarious.

8. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll definitely wait to see if any announcements are made in May/June. Maybe they'll wait awhile again so I won't be behind as soon as I upgrade.
    you make some very good points. There are some games out for the One that I'd definitely like to get. And they'd probably be a decent price now since they've been out for awhile.