1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing on your own wall

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by mbanema, Feb 13, 2014.

1. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I completely understand the reason that you have disabled editing/deleting wall posts. However, I keep seeing visitor messages on my profile and responding in the nice textarea that is conveniently located right above only to kick myself two seconds later when I realize I've been writing to myself.

Is it possible to disable writing on your own wall to prevent this from happening? Stupid request, I know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As far as I know, there is not a way to disable that (If there is, I would love that option!) I can delete your posts on your own wall if you would like me to :slight_smile:

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, but don't bother, I'm sure I'll just end up replacing them with new ones. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm sure it would be easy to hide the textbox on your own wall with a simple PHP conditional statement, but sadly I don't know any PHP to help with that. I doubt there's an actual vBulletin setting to disable this.

Oh well, just a thought. :slight_smile:

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I used to do that all the time.

5. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to do it too - I use the "view conversation" button almost automatically now. Just have to train yourself out of it for now, I guess xD

6. toushirojaylee

Yay..hope there is an option like that hehehe

7. Yea, I'll have to agree with the others. Clicking on view conversation is probably your best bet for not writing on your wall. Don't fret though, we all do it.! haha!

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I've done it just a few rare times by accident (and I've had a LOT of wall convos), not a big deal, usually either my interlocutor will check my wall, catch on to what I had done, and respond, or it will take a few hours of non-response for me to realize I had actually written my last response on my own wall. And then I'll write an embarrassed response saying I had accidentally written on my own wall. :icon_redf

But I like having the option to write on my own wall if I want to, so I hope the option isn't completely disabled.

#8 Rakkaus, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014