1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you rather be rich and lonely or with little money and the love of your life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Aug 21, 2016.

1. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Would you rather be rich and lonely or with little money and the love of your lif

This one is very easy for me. Little money and love of my life, even if means being homeless with the love of my life. I am saying that as someone who has been homeless. Money has never made me happy, but to have someone with me to share the adventures (being homeless is definitely one :lol:slight_smile: would do it for sure. We could just lift around from country to country and see the world together, or we could camp out in the woods and live off nature and just be free. Maybe alternate between the two as we get bored. :slight_smile: Sounds like a pretty fun, happy and fulfilling life to me, especially compared to being rich and having to rely on the money to distract me from my eternal loneliness.

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Would you rather be rich and lonely or with little money and the love of your lif

I definitely would take little money but with the love of my life. If I knew I had someone who was there for me no matter what, then somehow all the other stuff just wouldn't be so important.

3. LaEsmeralda

I'd definitely take the money. I can always find a new love of my life. Or buy one :slight_smile:

4. Rainbows~Exist

Rich and 'lonely'.

Of course nothing compare to meeting the love of your life but would it be worth the day to day struggling of having little to no money? I find the saying "Money can't buy you happiness," to be utter bullshit as I assure you, if I was rich I'd be pretty f****** happy :lol:

5. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Why does everyone think that being in love will make you happy? Even ''being in love'' can cause abusive or generally unhappy relationships that make you think it's okay because you're ''in love''.

For me, being alone is what makes me happy. I don't have to be responsible for another person or fear not being able to get out of an abusive/unhappy relationship for whatever reason they give for keeping me in it. I don't have to fear being called ''homophobic'' if I marry someone that society sees as the opposite sex, I will forever be known as bisexual. I don't have to fear being seen as my assigned at birth sex by a partner, or fear not being able to spend money I saved for affirmation surgery on some other bills they need me to pay. Even if there's no abuse, not considered ''homophobic'', people/partner see me agender and call it a ''bisexual relationship'' I think I would still be happy alone, I like to think to myself about stuff which I can't do if people are talking to me. I like being on my own schedule. Money is great too, if I had enough of that for what I needed personally and to help the world in the way I wanted.

#45 Secrets5, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This.

I'm not asexual or aromantic or anything, but honestly most relationships aren't worth it to me. I'm happiest with my closest friend who loves and understands me platonically. Even if I found a girlfriend now, my best friend will always be my #1 in my life because of the memories and how much we get each other.

Relationships to me are just drama. You have to worry about looking and acting a certain way all the time to fit conventional beauty standards, sex is an issue with how much people fight and break up over not being on the same page, there is the overt homophobia we face if we're out in public, break-up drama, jealousy, and so on.

I chose rich and lonely because I'm miserable now with my financial difficulties. And if I'm still allowed to have friends and family, I can't be totally lonely.

7. wolflover

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Little money with the love of my life. Without a doubt. Love is 100% better than money.

8. Space Cat

Once upon a time I was in love with someone whom I could never have, and I used to say that I would live on the streets if it meant being together with him. Those days are long gone, but my views haven't changed. If I was offered the choice, I wouldn't think even twice about it; love of my life for sure.

9. LaEsmeralda

People fall in and out of love all the time. Better to have financial security than pinning everything on a relationship.

10. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Give me the money! I could travel the world, buy anything I want, own a great apartment, give to my favorite charities. Who cares if I never find "another half" or a "soul mate"?

11. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people

Rich and lonely. I've never been too much of a relationship person and have gotten use to being alone, so why not add money to it?

12. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

I'd pick rich and lonely. I've been single my entire life, and while there are times I crave a romantic relationship, being single really isn't that bad. In fact, I often enjoy the independence. And I love traveling. If I were rich, I'd be able to freely travel the world. It's an easy choice for me. As much as I'd love to find love, I crave financial stability more.

13. caitlin375

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

It's tough. I've never been in love and people say you don't need money but everyone needs things. Poor but with the love of your life would surely bring endless arguments and stress between you? I've never cared much for money but then I wouldn't want to be poor, just ok would be fine with me. On the other hand I believe in love and if I never have that or find that one day I'd be sad.

I'm going (reluctantly) with love.

14. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Poor with the love of my life definitely. This question made me think about the saying "money can't buy you happiness", which is pretty similar. I guess it would depend what it is that would make you happy, yet I also understand the point of the statement: that you can still have everything materialistic on the world and not be happy. But being with the love of my life I'm pretty certain would make me happy :grin: And being happy is ultimately what matters most to me. Cos when you look at the bigger picture of things, then you can often see that you are better off than it looks from up close.
    Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll stop now -_-

15. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

I'll take the money! :slight_smile:

16. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

As someone who has lived with little money for a considerable portion of my life, I can happily say rich. For me, love is an escape from the troubles of life, but if I had money, what troubles would I have?

My family could have whatever they wanted, my friends would never be in need of anything, I could donate to charity or help the homeless, or anything really. Why would I give that up for love?

Considering that in the 'rich and lonely' option, 'lonely' means 'unable to find love', I assume my family and friends would still be with me. In that case, it's a question of choosing between a comfortable life for me and my family, or a crappy life for me and someone I haven't even met yet.

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2016 at 07:51 AM ----------

Haha oh my gosh :roflmao:

17. Kidd

Kidd Guest

How rich are we talking here? Like so rich I will never have to think twice about money in my entire life? Then rich and lonely. I do well enough on my own.

18. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

At this point I am all for lonely and rich.

I'm already single and have been my whole life. I can have friends to do things with. And with my money I would most likely end up giving some to people to help with medical bills, college, etc. I could gain a since of fulfillment with that

#58 Matto_Corvo, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  19. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only

Every crush I've had has been unrequited. No chance of finding Mr/Ms Perfect no matter how well we bond but I have a slim,slim,slim chance of being rich. Being atheist in America doesn't bode well for me anyways I could still date but it just seems like a hassle.

Rather the sexual part I tend to prefer having a small circle anyways. My fault I don't put myself out there but I'd rather be rich and lonely assuming I still have close family & friends to go to. Literally just being by myself then I'd prefer being poor & in love.

20. Linthras

Linthras Guest

A no-brainer, the latter. (Presuming the love of my life, also loves me of course.)