1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you rather be rich and lonely or with little money and the love of your life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Would you rather be rich and lonely or with little money and the love of your lif

Been poor and lonely my whole life, either option sounds amazing.

2. PrettyinPunk

Re: Would you rather be rich and lonely or with little money and the love of your lif

I'm in the poor but with love camp. I've never been rich but I've had wealth and I've struggled financially. I know for me at least, money can't buy me happiness. Money can't buy me love either (see what I did there:icon_wink) I'd rather be dirt poor every second and be with someone who loves me. Honestly I think that'd make me wealthy anyway.(cheesy I know)

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2016 at 08:23 PM ----------

I'm in the poor but with love camp. I've never been rich but I've had wealth and I've struggled financially. I know for me at least, money can't buy me happiness. Money can't buy me love either (see what I did there:icon_wink) I'd rather be dirt poor every second and be with someone who loves me. Honestly I think that'd make me wealthy anyway.(cheesy I know)

3. ConductorGrace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Poor and with the love of my life because I'd have them
    And love is all I need

4. Rainbow Lantern

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Little money and with the love of my life. I wouldn't want to be alone and in the future I want to have a wife and family. Plus I don't want the love of my life not to be in my life. Especially if I knew she was out there somewhere and I couldn't be with her - that would be sad for me and I would really like to experience having a relationship at some point in my life. And I don't want to be dependant on money and objects for happiness - I feel like that wouldn't be real happiness for me at all. But that's just me. Not everyone feels that way.

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Depends, I suppose.

If I were rich enough to fix this messed up world, to further scientific and medicinal research, to get the corrupt out of power and establish true equality... It might be worth it to be alone, if I know others can finally live in peace without fear.

If it wasn't enough to change human corruption however, I'd certainly go with the latter.

6. Alexander69

i think i am one of the best people to answer this from my past and my first years of posting here. i grew up in a "lavish" lifestyle and when you are closed off from the struggles of the real world you really dont see anything else so you feel what you have is almost to e expected, i had a unhappy family a unhappy life i had no boyfriends only guys who tried ti have sex with me. I was not happy but was rich.

after my parents divorce i chose to live alone helped my mom and then she left and is on her own all settled and good. Ive had the opportunity to live paycheque to paycheque that was MY choice i honestly gave almost everything up to live a "real" life. When i say real life i mean as most of our society not going on planes flying to go shopping etc.

My point of going in to detail here is that I've been rich I've been poor and honestly MONEY CANT AND WONT make you happy, some people will say it can make you happy because of less stress and you can buy things to make you happy but that less stress comes from financial security and in a recession you have more stress than anyone else has. And by buying the things to "make you happy" that thrill only lasts a shot time then you have to do it again and again and again its like a drug to get a "high".

I would rather have the love of my life by my side the heart is so powerful love is more powerful than anything else money is an object you can't take it with you and we will all end up in the same place rich or poor and you can't buy love and memories those are what you take with you your love and your memories and if i could have the love of my life by my side of we lived in a cardboard box as long as we were there and we had food and water and were safe, nothing else would ever matter to me.

i am so young with this experience but i mean what i say. I've experienced it all you can't buy happiness or love and without love or happiness you have a hole in you you feel empty and that to me is the worst TORTURE anyone could have not physical but emotional torture

#26 Alexander69, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  7. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

I'm a solitary person by nature; I could handle it. I wouldn't want to have no contact with anyone else, though, as long as I still had friends I could see. But the money would allow me to pursue my solitary dreams :slight_smile:

8. photoguy93

If you're speaking of romantic relationships, GIMME DAT MONEY!!!!

I hope to date/get married/all that, but I am 23 and it hasn't happened. What I have seen, however, is what not having enough money can do.

Now if you meant any type of relationship, then I'd rather be poor. I could not give up my amazing friends.

9. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people

Rich and lonely haha, I'd buy people at that point.

10. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people

There's one thing that money can't buy in this world and that's true love:slight_smile: Someone who's bein' there for you in times of need warms someone's heart more than a big fiery place can do in a big mansion:wink: A true love's kiss makes your heart beat faster rather than sittin' in a big couch watchin' a romantic video on a 55" SUHD Curved LED-TV.

The most important of all: Have somebody to come home too, give a hug and say: "How has your day been, sweety?" rather than openin' the two big doors into an empty mansion

11. Dovey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

That's a good question

12. ChameleonSoul

Well I've been single all of my life, so I'm perfectly fine with being by myself and filthy rich. There's a lot more to life than being in love, and I feel like I could do a lot of good if I had some money to back up my dreams of running a non-profit charity.

And besides, love is fleeting, but money is eternal!

13. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

im already lonely and been lonely my whole life, having money along with it would be nice...lol..
    however, the other is a catch (im so analytical)...the first option is entitled to me alone while the second says "love of your life" thats love of MY life, well it would require she answers the same question becuz i could say yes to that one but it could mean she doesnt love me...so if the option was: "be poor with the person u love that loves you just as much" then id go for that one...haha...i once had a girl that i was head over heels for and she stuck around becuz she liked the attention i gave her but she didnt love me or care about me at all, in fact she had a girlfriend the whole time and still kept me around/led me on to believe she wanted to be with me.. and that was hell on the heart, even realizing this and forcing myself to let go has been hell 7 almost 8 months later...so yeeeeaaa..fuk that option..

14. crystalbal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I would choose with little money and the love of my life.

Even if its a small piece of bread or a torn blanket, I would love to share it with my partner. :slight_smile:

These experiences will make me realise that happiness is not really about money.

15. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Definitely with the love of my life and have little money. There is no price on happiness and companionship. Money doesn't mean as much to me as it does to others. I don't need fancy things. I want money right now because I need a car (since mine died a few months ago), and because I really want to go to college. Other than that, I don't care much about money. :slight_smile:

#35 Anthemic, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  16. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

i wish everybody in the world felt like "fuk money" maybe then there wouldnt be as much evil and more love...

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:53 PM ----------

true love....

17. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't really care for the money so I'd rather have little and be with the love of my life.. so long as I'm the love of their life too of course.

18. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Little money and the love of my life. i may be slightly biased due to the fact that i've always been living a middle class life, so i'm only familiar with loneliness here, but i've experienced loneliness to an agonizing degree, aka isolation. i admit i lack much experience in life, but even when i think about it from an unbiased, objective point of view, i see loneliness as the easiest way to kill someone's soul. when people have each other they can pull through a lot of hardships, like a single hug or reassuring words are more powerful than what a lot of people think, weather it's from a family, friend or a lover. that's why a lot of people seem terrified of being alone, people need human contact of any sort, it's a necessity. and when you don't get it, it mentally fucks you up.

#38 Rainsworth, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  19. Makoto

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people

It may be shallow but given my life experience I'm ready to have some money lol. It can't buy you happiness, but it can really help remove practical problems like living indoors and the like. Besides which, with money I could do more of what I wanna do for me, I'd have less need of someone else. I've been broke with the love of my life, had to sell half my stuff, my best katana (the Paul Chen bushido, that thing was a beautiful work of art I just loved to sit and look at, the folds in the steel were stunning), my lightsaber, my computer stuff.. lol. She left me anyway because we couldn't afford .. anything. (of course, we could've if she could stop drinking the rent, but that's another problem.) So yeah, I'd go with the money. I'm used to being lonely, I wanna be comfortable for a while.

20. Poroyl

Poroyl Guest

Hard one, but I'll pick rich and lonely.
    There are so many things that I want to do, so many dreams I wan't to achieve, and the majority of these wishes come with a hefty price tag. I'd also like to start a charity organization and give to those I believe will need the money the most. Not that I would mind being poor and living with the love of my life. It's just that the other option is more appealing.
    Btw, how poor do you guys have in mind? Like industrialized country poor or developing country poor?