1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you rather be called cute, or sexy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve FS, Nov 20, 2016.

?

Cute or sexy?

1. Cute

111 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Sexy

39 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. They're the same to me

35 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I go for trying to be cute first. I've never really been called sexy, but i've been called hot, which i'm alright with (i don't believe it though).

2. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like cute because not only am I relatively young but I just don't like that word and don't find it complimenting (for me). I wouldn't mind hot, if it was coming from a partner, but "sexy" is just not for me.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2017 at 09:17 PM ----------

I don't think you have to be referred to as "sexy" or even "hot" for someone to be attracted to you in a sexual way - people have plenty of different ways of expressing their attraction towards others.

3. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    cute, because it sounds pretty innocent.
    when anyone says I'm sexy, I'm afraid they see me as a sexual object or something and it's quite disturbing to me.
    I have been called 'hot' several times in my life and I have mixed feelings about it.

#63 Mahidevran, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  4. Onenation

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  5. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It really depends on the tone more than the word. I've heard people calling me sexy in a demeaning way, but also cute in a demeaning way. When I was on an LGBT app this 50 year old guy sent me a message saying "hey sexy". I found that really demeaning. To me he was basically saying he didn't acknowledge the space he was in and felt like I was his property. I've also had people calling me cute in a demeaning way. Especially when they call my behavior cute. That pisses me off. I've also had people calling me sexy like I'm powerful or badass. And some people who call me cute are basically calling me attractive without sexualizing me.

6. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think in a public setting, when you're meeting new people, being called "cute" can seem demeaning, or patronizing or something like that, because it sounds like it's a downplay. It compliments you, but not in a way that shows someone else is desirable of you, or recognizes your desirability.

But, in the bedroom, with a lover, or a partner, especially a serious one, I would gladly be called cute, or hot, or sexy, or intoxicating (lol), or anything that describes me in a meaningful way to that person. And that's because I'm there, I'm with them, and what they say is related to the deep emotional feelings they have for me and how I act towards them. And so in that moment, cute could be very apt, especially for how I perceive myself and how I want to act in the bedroom, or on the couch and such. But in public, it definitely takes on a different sound and feeling, and I wouldn't quite like it either.

7. Tamatia

At first I thought I would prefer cute. But then I thought of the times that my wife has called me sexy, and they've had more of an impact. But after I voted, I had second thoughts.

Often, “sexy” is referring to body and demeanor, while “cute” is demeanor and personality.

#67 Tamatia, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2017
  8. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    definitely sexy. Probably because it doesn't get used so casually as cute. But also depends who it's coming from :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dislike both.

10. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm pretty self-conscious about my personality, so I don't really enjoy being called cute.

11. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sexy (or hot).3 years ago I would've said cute tho.

12. Eyerene

Cute. Sexy is just a bit too much for me. Too forward in my eyes. I don't think I come off as sexy anyway, so if someone said that to me I'd just think they're wrong.

13. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cute. I get called that a lot because I'm sweet and gentlemanly, 5'6" and have wavy/fluffy hair... Actually makes me feel good.

To me, sexy is what a potential lover should call you, no-one else :slight_smile:

Peace

14. bluesunlight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely cute, because it has the youthful and adorable connotation to it. I don't care about being thought of as "hot" or "sexy". Being called "handsome" or "sir" really bugs me, because it makes me feel kind as if I'm masculine-looking (I'm not) or older than I really am, which I'm not comfortable with either of these things.

15. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been called cute which makes me bashful and happy as not a lot of people call me that because I've been called by insults regarding my looks so I'm just so used to being called by those insults. What I mean is that whenever people call me cute is that I feel weird as not a lot of people call me that so I'm just oh um and then tries to change the subject. Sexy I don't mind but I prefer being called cute since that suits me more than that. I also would love to be called handsome or sir not because I like them it's also because people regarding me as a boy makes me smile and get all happy and giddy.

#75 MaoKingofcats, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  16. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ive been called cute several times, mostly online tho :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: To be honest, it makes me blush everytime. I dont get to hear that in real life. Never been called sexy tho, well at least not from my boyfriend. If I were to be called by one of those two I would choose "cute", it always makes me blush <3

And if you were to call me "sexy", you better be ready cuz Imma make you feel it AWW AWW AWW AWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

im terrible, sorry

17. FlowerOfLife

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Cute guys can definitely be sexy!!

And in fact...for myself I might even prefer being called cute (which is also more possible than the second:')
    Has got something more intimate and innocent to it...don't know:slight_smile:

18. RylanS

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cute is the unlimited for of sexiness.

19. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There can be a lot of overlap between cute and sexy. But neither implies the other (and so most certainly they are not the same).

I think I missed the boat to be cute...I'm just too tall. But that doesn't mean I'm not sexy as hell, lol.

One distinction I can point to is that whereas "cute" to me is practically 100% physical, "sexy" takes on all kinds of dimensions, including physical attributes, personality, intellect, creativity (particularly, but not limited to sexual creativity), sense of humor...these kinds of things.

I've never met another person and thought "wow...he/she is really brilliant...that's so cute." Sexy, on the other hand....

20. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know I'm not sexy, so if someone called me that I would automatically think they were lying to me and feel a little angry towards them, for starters. Bonus negative points if it was a man, because I tend to be very distrustful of them.

On the other hand, if someone called me cute, I'd be embarrassed and blush, but then again, it would only serve to remind me how inexperienced I am in the whole subject of flirting and relationships.

It would seem none of the alternatives would satisfy me.