1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you have sex before marriage?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Sex before marriage?

1. Sure. Gotta give my partner a test-drive!

148 vote(s)
    91.4%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. I'm not interested in sex...

8 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. BelleFromHell

Maybe, maybe not; it's not set in stone. If I did have sex before marriage, it would probably be on the night we get engaged, or some other romantic event far into the relationship when we know we're going to stay together.

Sex is just too damn intimate for me to have it with just anyone. Besides, there aren't any sexual urges that a good wankin' can't fix.

As for the bonding thing, couldn't we bond through sweet little things; like hugging, kissing, cuddling, messaging each other, keeping each other warm when it's cold, taking care of each other when we're sick/hurt/just feeling crappy, giving each other shoulders to cry on, watching our favorite shows/movies together, listening to music together, taking each other out to our favorite restaurants, or cooking for each other? I'm sure that way takes longer, but that would feel more romantic and meaningful to me.

Anyone could have sex, but it takes a special kind of person to do all those things with me; a person worth waiting for. I want a woman who can steal my heart and promise to take care of it forever before we start getting freaky.

God, I'm so mushy...

#21 BelleFromHell, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't ever change, sweetie (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) It's nice to see hard romantics these days. ^_^

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'd assume if I'm with somebody for long enough, I would have an idea of who they were, and know how well we get along. If the chemistry is there and we both want to do it, then sure, it's an option.

It'll be a little while before I sleep with anyone, regardless. How long that 'little while' is depends on us and our relationship.

Basically, if you want to have sex before marriage, have fun and be safe. As for me, I'm open to the idea of the circumstances are right.

4. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I would, if I had a strong relationship with the other person.

---------- Post added 26th Jun 2015 at 09:45 AM ----------

^this^ basically, well put.

5. BiKate

Yes. Already have with my ex.
    Sex is fun for me. As long as you're careful I don't think there's anything shameful about doing something that naturally feels good. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable at this stage having sex unless I was in a relationship, but if somebody has the confidence to have sex every weekend go for it, providing your safe and not doing it because you're missing something in your life or feel like you need somebody else.
    TMI but sex is important to me in a relationship. However, if I met the right person, I could wait. Or if they couldn't have sex for some reason, ever, I could give it up for the right person (I mean it's 2015, I could just have a closet full of toys if I need :') ) But if somebody wasn't interested in it, I'd be less likely to date them personally. I don't want to offend anyone, it's just that for me, I want a relationship with sex. Just like some people want to be with gamers, or with vegans, or with people that love rock climbing, I want to be with somebody who I can have fun with in that way.

I don't think sex is the most important, or even one of the most important things in a relationship though. Trust and loyalty is much more important, as well as spending time together doing other things, movies, dates, walks, even cooking and cleaning. And hugging and kissing. Snuggling.

Hopefully I didn't just sound like a sex freak :/ I'm really not and I've only been with one person. But it's just how I feel.

6. CrazyAwkward

I would, as long as I was in a relationship. Not to take someone for a test-drive, I just don't see the point in waiting until marriage.

7. Lyana

Er... I already have, so... yes.
    It's not really because of the "test drive" thing. It's just, I'm not going to get married for years yet, if ever. (I'm iffy about the whole concept of marriage.) But sex is pleasant and intimate and amazing, and for me, there's simply no reason to wait.

8. candyjiru

You don't buy a car without taking it for a test drive--- I mean... umm... But, yes... I'm a relationship first gal, but for me, chemistry and connection mean a lot if a relationship is going to go the long haul for me~

Of course, safety first! You don't want to get anything, and don't forget that a lot of diseases have no noticeable side effects, so be careful!

9. C P

C P

Nah, and it has nothing to do with any kinda moral sense...I just do not care for sex anyways(hence why I chose the 'not interested in sex' option obv).

This is one of the things that concerns me should I ever consider wanting a relationship with someone...it's like there is nobody truly compatible with someone like me(at least not who I'd ever get a chance to meet).

'Tis the sad and lonely life of an ace individual who doesn't want nor care for sex. :frowning2:

10. CharlD91

CharlD91 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had sex before marriage. If it feels right to be intimate with someone and you're both ready then why wait...

Also, it's good to 'try before you buy'

11. Dextoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, I had a lot of sex before my wedding, and I'd highly recommend it. I also don't think you need to be in a relationship to have sex, or even particularly know or like the other person. You basically just both have to want to do it. That's all. I think a strong, intimate relationship certainly enhances things, but it's by no means a prerequisite. Strangersex can be fun in its way. Just be safe, kids!

Interestingly, I have actually bought a literal car without giving it a test drive, though. :wink:

12. Foz

Foz Guest

Why would you wait until marriage? It's only because of religion that it's practiced, given what is taught from the bible about being gay it can bugger off.

Besides, bible types say "how can you be gay if you've not been with a woman", which implies I have to have sex with a woman before I can decide I'm gay.

13. biggayguy

Just a statement of fact here. I was engaged to a bi' woman. We had sex since we were going to be marriesd soon. However, asa soon as the ring went on her finger the expectations changed which led to us breaking up. In hindsight I would not have done it because I turned out to be gay.

14. asphalt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my relationship with sex was skewed from a young age and the way i approached it for a long time had very little to do with intimacy; it's been an addiction and a manipulation tool from either side - i've been manipulated by it and used it that way myself, but as a teenager my concept of self expression and love was completely dysfunctional. i don't equate sex with marriage but in my experience, the way sex and chemistry impacts on two people can strengthen or destroy a relationship, whether that's due to incompatible sex drives, conflicting expectations or figuring out how to physically connect with someone, all of which can be hugely underestimated.

for me, fucking has nothing to do with love. intimacy is completely different, and i'd rather establish those dynamics before even considering entering into a long term commitment.

15. AKTodd

Based on past experience, I am perfectly fine with having sex with someone before going to the trouble of learning (or remembering) their name:thumbsup:

Todd

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Already did.

17. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did, many times.:icon_wink

Personally, the whole no sex before marriage doesn't make sense to me (although it's each individual choice of course). As fun as sex is, I think it's one of the most over valued and over rated aspect of humanity.

Happy days :slight_smile:

18. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. But I don't really intend to get married anyway..

19. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sex is an act of love, why wouldn't I want to do that before marriage? =)

20. Chicagoblue

I held off until my mid 20's. I finally slept with a woman in one of my grad school classes. Then I'm thinking, of course....why did I wait? A big step in growing up emotionally.