1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working out and exercise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YaSabesQuien, Aug 26, 2016.

1. YaSabesQuien

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you guys work out? What's your routine like?
    I had to stop excercising after a few health issues but I'm ready to go back at it.
    I'm planning on joining a local gym and losing a few pounds.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I work out 4 days a week and I also work at a restaurant 2-3 days a week so yes. When I'm at work its usually just a lot of running around. When I work out I use total gym and I lift weights and I do sit ups and squats.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Working out? What is this? All my exercise is walking like everywhere. When I lived on campus and used the campus rec, everyday was leg day for me! Never did do chest or arm day. I'll probably shell out money for a gym membership when I have a job but it doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon.

4. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I work out three days a week; primarily lifting because I absolutely hate running. :grin: I mean to step it up and go to four days a week, but that would entail adding different workouts to my routine so I'm working on which ones to add.

(I'll freely admit that I've been doing all upper body work because part of the reason I'm working out is to make myself more passable as a transguy, but I'll probably add lower body work into my routine very soon.)

5. AlamoCity

I sometimes lift very heavy bags at work (I will take the trash to the dumpster, small company) and will also climb lots of stairs. I have very good endurance and even though I don't lift weights, the functional exercise of tossing heavy bags has actually made me stronger. I lifted my sister like she was nothing one day and realized I actually got stronger without knowing.

I also do half marathons in the winter so I can run (not fast, but not slow). I've done 5 half marathons.

6. thepandaboss

I speed walk or jog almost every morning. And since I don't have a car, I gotta walk to get around.

7. PrettyinPunk

I have a monthly workout schedule and work out in some form 6 out of seven days. I try to always do a mix of cardio and strength training, throwing in weight lifting and HIIT routines often. I have days specified for certain body parts as well. I change things up and do something different every now and then, so my body doesn't get too accustomed to the same things.

Quick tip once you find a routine make sure to be consistent with it. :slight_smile:

8. eMei

I don't exercise at the moment, one reason being because I'm blessed with a high metabolism but the other being I don't have the time. I'd like to go swimming more often though.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm trying to get back in a routine. Right now I'm just easing myself back into weight training and hoping to milk out what's left of the summer in the pool.

10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had surgery two months ago followed by a heavy period of assessment, so my routine's been thrown by the wayside.

Normally it's an 8.5km jog four or five days a week and 50 pushups and 50 situps in the morning and in the evening. I've got no desire to join a gym given my exercise routine can be done for free and does the job for me.

11. Joelouis

On my days off work, I usually end up working somewhere else, either gardening or handying. I'm not that strong but I've a lot of stamina and don't like to stop until the job is done. I'll walk or cycle if the job is within five miles, so I haven't bothered joining a gym.

12. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to the gym for about eighteen months and lost about 2 stone but I stopped going in March due to my social anxiety becoming worse again. I put the weight back on again. I'm going to start going to the gym again next week. I tend to stick to activities I enjoy like rowing, kettle bells and weights.

13. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I like to run a lot actually, it feels very therapeutic usually. It's an easy way to pound out frustration, anxiety..and it helps a lot with my body image. It makes me love my body. I try to do 2-3 miles every other day with a sub 10 minute pace/mile, but with my new schedule it's a lot harder to squeeze in the time. I used to do 5+ miles three or four times a week when my brother was in track, we used to get very competitive over our runs, where we'd run until we literally dropped because neither of us wanted to be the first to quit but we've both mellowed out a bit..surprisingly I haven't really gained any weight though. Lucky! If I'm feeling like, especially active, I'll try to lift a bit and work on my upper body but I don't really want to put on much muscle.

14. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I take lots of walks and run sometimes. It feels good to exercise, listening to my i-Pod.

15. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually go to the gym 4-5 times a week if time allows and if it don't..I usually speed walk and run along the beach trail near my house.

16. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like walking at the moment. Some days I have walked over 10 miles because I have enjoyed it

17. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a rower, so we do loads of stuff for training. Running, then rowing, then usually either weight training or circuit training. Sometimes it we have a schedule on the rowing machine too.

18. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gym and swimming.

Last week, at the gym, a young man, in tight shorts, lay on his back to lift some weights and his dick got in to an upward position... Yes, that was a good day.

19. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lift weights 20 minutes most days and then go for a walk/ride my bike which takes ~30 minutes, or alternatively run for ~10.

20. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a complete workout nut, back when I was 14 I was lifting everyday and peaked at around 220 pounds dlift, 14:32 mile, and 76 pushups in 2 mins.

Shit happened I lost 25 pounds and can't achieve that anymore. however nowadays I run all day and it helps way more in passing. (4 Miles every other day, breaks on Monday and Sunday)