1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Words of Wisdom

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SevnButton, Mar 15, 2020.

1. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "... we learn that we are all responsible for our own well being, and one of the basic tenets is honesty. Through sharing who we really are, we find that we are not that different from everyone else, and letting people know who we are takes away the fear of what they would think if they found out about us. It’s really powerful.”

To my surprise and displeasure, I learned that my wife learned my Empty Closets name and read through a bunch of my posts from the last couple of years. In the process of looking deep into my soul, I've written some unflattering and judgmental things. Maybe it's because the timing was right, maybe it's because of the way it happened, or maybe it's because my wife is far stronger and wiser than I ever realized, but my wife is showing an amazing amount of patience and understanding. And I'm feeling invigorated by sharing who I really am, and getting beyond the fear of what she would do if she found out everything about me. This it good.

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good steps SevnButton. I look back on some of what I’ve written, and I know it was all true from my perspective at the time, and that I shared with my wife the same general ideas, but I’d still be uncomfortable.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you are on your way to learn more about each other in that the discovery seems to bring out sides and understandings that might not have been as present as it is now, which I think can only be a positive for the future. :slight_smile: