1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WOOO] Games of 2008 [Lets talk!]

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by InaRut, Feb 15, 2008.

1. goodisgood

goodisgood Guest

Is anyone else looking forward to The Force Unleashed? Or is that just me in all my nerdiness?

2. InaRut

God FORCE UNLEASHED...

Ughh...

Looks a-maze-ing!

3. goodisgood

goodisgood Guest

Haha, yay! However, it really sucks because I don't have an Xbox 360, PS3, or a Wii....I'm steamed (like a vegetable) that they aren't releasing it on PC! I guess I'll just have to save up and buy a 360 or something...

4. InaRut

STARWARS UNLEASHED
    *Rolls around and drools ignoring goodisgood comments*

GAAHHHH

UNLEASHED

NADDY NADDY WHO NADDY NADDY HEY!
    *Snaps out of it*

Were you saying something?

5. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

Call of Duty 4 is my favorite game of 2008...although i dont play it as much as i first did when i bought it...counter strike source is good too:lol:

6. Alex89

Andrew - it came out in 2007. =P

Yeah, Force Unleashed should hopefully be good. I'm still kind of worried though because all anyone's seen is a few pretty trailers and some tech demos - there's still no indication of whether it's actually fun or involving. No-one gotten to play the actual game yet. =S And i always tend to get worried when it's being released on every platform in existence, because it usually means shortcuts will be taken and certain features may be dropped because one platform may not be able to do it, or visually it will be lacking because it wasn't forcussed on one system.

I really REALLY hope Fable 2 is good (and comes out in the next century would be nice...), but Ninja Gaiden 2 has all my attention at the moment, since Devil May Cry 4 was great but not quite all it could have been.

Oh yeah, and I'll be interested to see what Halo Wars is like...I'm not an RTS person, but if it's streamlined without all the micro-management I hate minimized I'll be checking it out.

And Infinite Undiscovery should hopefully give me a good reason not to get a PS3 for FFXIII (though I'm hoping Square's happy new relationship with MS will mean it's ported a few months after PS3 release). The trailer for Infinite Undiscovery certainly makes it look like one of the most visually impressive RPGs ever - the characters have detail rivaling Dead or Alive 4, but in an RPG! The battle system looks great too - very action-game-ish (real-time).

7. respirit

I still play Super Smash Brothers Melee excessively to this day, so naturally I'm really really really REALLY looking forward for Brawl. (Heck, it's the reason why I bought a Wii) Other than that, no other games have caught my attention unfortunately.

8. Grantious

WAA i want age of conan 2 come out lol

9. pirateninja

Have you seen the website! OH. MY. GOD. The extras on Brawl....

This game is going to kick ass :grin:

10. respirit

Of course! I kind of spoiled the game for myself already, but nonetheless it's why I am living right now, okay maybe not that far but it's definitely going to be the highlight of next month.

March 9th is sooo far away...

11. Ciel

Ciel Guest

I'm really looking forward to the one game that really makes me want to buy a PS3, Disgaea 3!
    Otherwise I'm just waiting for Brawl, oh, and Phoenix Wright 4 for the DS.

12. Alex89

I recently heard of Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness of PSP because it got game of the year, so I've gotten interested in it despite not knowing a thing about the series. =P

ZOMG getting Lost Odyssey tomorrow! =D I can't wait!

13. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    pirateninja, have you followed the info we've been getting from the Japan release? We pretty much know all there is to know now. XD

14. Jerr

So Stoked for

Grand Theft Auto IV

I'm going to TRY Final Fantasy XIII... By that I mean I've lost faith in The Final Fantasy games because well I loved VII and then they started to go down hill in story for me. (Yes, they are still fantastic games but sense none of the stories ever measured up or game play actually, I've gotten turned off by them.)

StarCraft 2... OMG if I do not complete that :***: :***: story... I'll shoot someone.

There are suppose to be quite a few good games coming out this year. Hopefully my PS3 (Which is SOO worth the money and is godly in every way because I say so...) will get a decent work out. I mean I damn near killed it when I was sick... Apparently keeping ANYTHING on for 20-22 hours out the day for a week is no bueno... (It froze like 3 times towards the end of the week on assassins creed after playing an excess of 10 hours that day.) Oh and when I'd "take a break" I'd really just watch a movie usen it... so yeah... lol

Oh...

Any news on Kingdom Hearts 3? Or any potential of releasing Chain of Memories on a console that matters? (with a gameplay that matters?)

15. shaun

warhammer and starcraft 2 for pc, nuff said.

16. Alex89

Jerr - indeed GTA4 will rock! I'm glad Microsoft forked out the $56 million so the 360 version gets 2 exclusive episodes. =) Only problem will be how much they'll cost...

Anyone have burnout paradise? I'm quite interested in it. Always loved the burnout games and adding free-roaming is great. Only problem the reviews say is some silly little flaws that really shouldn't be in there like being unable to mark a waypoint on your map, and having to drive all the way back to the intersection that starts a particular race if you lose it the first time (with no waypoint to show you the way).

Hopefully they'll give it an update to fix that.

17. DJ Sweetz

OMG BRAWL IN 6 DAYS!!!!! (thank god I reserved my copy) I'm heading to the midnight release at my local Gamestop, and their having a little tournament with the game..... I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!!!!!

18. Ciel

Ciel Guest

I haven't played Afternoon of Darkness since I don't have a PSP but I'm pretty sure its just a remake of the original with extras and multiplayer and stuff but if you can I say get it! It has a great soundtrack and is by far one of my favorite games. I love the characters in it and the gameplay is really fun and addictive if you like strategy/tactic games. (You can get up to lvl 9999 O_O)

19. interstella

I also want gta and bully but I'm only 14 :frowning2:

20. InaRut

What does everyone think of Alan Wake?
    Is it going to be Microsoft's Silent Hill?