1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will I be closeted for life?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Aug 3, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know that I'm not straight. I always wonder whether I'm attracted to guys or not. If I am attracted to guys I think my coming out process will be waaay harder. I absolutely hate being pressured to date guys.

That happened to me when I came out as bi when I was fifteen. I thought it would enable me to start dating girls and feel free to change my label if I discover I don't like guys. Didn't work like that at all. Everyone around me was trying to turn me straight. I eventually grew tired of that and stopped using that label.

I just wish I could be 100% gay and 100% sure of it. That would make my life soooo much easier. I could just tell everyone I'm gay, brush off all the pressure to date guys and happily date girls. I just want to die. I will never ever be able to date any girls and I'll be forced to mess around with guys or be alone.

2. mangotree

What exactly is stopping you from using the "Gay" or "Lesbian" label?
    It's not an irreversible statement. If you find out later that you do prefer guys, then you can change your label when/if the time comes.

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm scared of people losing all respect for me. Since I'm not butch people will ask me if I'm sure of my sexuality. I do not want people to know I'm not sure of myself. Everyone will try to convince me I'm straight or bi. I always feel horrible when people do that.