1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would anyone like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Jul 12, 2018.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Growing up, I always felt like I had to pursue girls that I like because I felt like they wouldn’t talk to me. Yes I’ve dated (as a teenager, not as an adult) and I always asked the girl out. When we would break up, they only said yes to dating me to spare my feelings.

I don’t think I ever had anyone like me more than a friend. I had people that said that they liked me to get into my pants (and that’s about it). I’ve spent most of my life trying to avoid things that you need for dates ( my 8th grade prom, and most of my high school dances). I didn’t want to be that girl that couldn’t get a date or a dance partner because I knew no one would ask me to dance. I’m not ugly, but I know people will like me for my personality and that’s about it(I’m the funny friend).

Now I’m 24, and I still kinda feel like this. They have this girl in my class, that my friend knows this girl likes me, and she thinks I should talk to her. But I feel weird about it. Like why would she like me? Why not my friend, my friend is way more attractive than me. It’s also weird because I’m about 6 years older than her, and I never thought about her in that way. I know I should at least talk to her, and give her a chance. But I really don’t know why she likes me? I ain’t shit. And I’m not the person that would ask her that to her face. What is wrong with me? What should I do?

ken867 likes this.
  2. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, I would say not to be too hard on yourself. It sounds to me like you are a very thoughtful person who wants the best for any potential partner of yours. I understand not feeling like your good enough but clearly this girl thinks you are. People don't just like people for the sake f liking people. I would give it a shot. It seems like you two may have a connection If you're unsure, take the time to love yourself before loving anyone else. If you feel ready, go for it. Take that bull by the horns girl. Be proud of who you are and love yourself for it.

3. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. I guess I’m still insecure about things that happend in the past (having someone say they like you, and then tell you you’re ugly. Etc). I might give her a chance because I would want someone some to do that for me. I mean, we might have a connection, we both like super hero movies. I’m trying to get over things that is holding me back.

ken867 likes this.
  4. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you go girl! don't let anything stop you from being happy. You deserve that! You deserve to be so so happy! Never forget that! You are strong and beautiful and based on what you write I can assume you care a lot about others and about what you do impacts them. Stay strong girl much love to you.

5. Jacki484

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Try thinking of it this way...why would she *not* like you? :slight_smile:
    You sound very genuine and down to earth, and those are very attractive qualities. And don't beat yourself up just because people weren't throwing themselves at you in your teenage years or anything...my guess is there was at least a person or two who liked you, but was just a bit too shy to do anything about it. That happens all the time and it's no one's fault, but please don't think you're undesirable just because you haven't gotten tons of interest in the past. It's likely not because you're not pretty or interesting, it's probably a bit of shyness or uncertainty is all.
    Have a little confidence...you sound like a great person. Give it a shot, you may surprise yourself :slight_smile: