1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why my friends dont believe i could be gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hawkeye, May 31, 2005.

1. hawkeye

Ok, random subject, but I was reminded about this kind of thing with the beatles song " I wanna hold your hand". So, the story goes, my friends have always seen me as a pimp, the guy who can pick up girls easily (I know what your thinking, at least some of you, your thinking "wait, a linux geek who can pick up chicks?"), even though i only hit on them when I'm around friends, and not usualy on people I know. Anyway's I believe I got into this to "prove" I'm straight, and partialy because its almost following my dad (who is single) and my brother. So, after my last trip, I was able to drive my friends crazy, and here I am, nearly exploding with laughter because they have a hard time with girls, and I'm the one who's gay. To make it better, I'm not only a gay geek who picks up on girls, I am also a strong (please dont flame me) republican, boyscout, and catholic. therefore, I am a gay defying just about every standpoint.

Anyways, to reveal the point of my rambling, I'm prety sure I know how I can so easily find girls, and i believe that it is because I'm gay (evil laught to those straights who cant get a girl). I have even talked to my counsoler about it, and it makes sense, many girls are attracted to guys that they feel safe around. Now, just for clarification, these girls i meet are usualy in places where it is understood that we'd never see each other again, so everything has just been one day flings , and I'd never trick a girl into believing that there'd be a future or anything. Anyways, back to being safe, It's funny that something that comes (mostly) naturaly with being gay, allows me to hide being gay so easily!

has many of you gone through the same steps of "proving" to your friends that you're not gay?

btw:I've decided that after I achive Eagle scout, I'm going to come out completely. The only other obstacle I'd have would be DECA, and I think that it'd be an easy one to overcome.

2. nisomer

lol that is quite funny. It does seem to me that many times, the gay guys are the ones who get the girls.

Now about "proving" to my friends that I'm straight...hmmm I'm not really sure what I do. I just try to act gay in a straight way? If that makes any sense lol. Like pretend that I am gay so that many times people just think I am joking around.

3. hawkeye

I do believe I am growing out of "proving" I'm straight, and like I said, I believe I'll be coming out in the next few months

4. Micah

Yeah I know what you mean! I've had many conversations with friends asking 'do you think I could be gay' and they all answered 'no'.

The main reasons were that I was 'too gay' (ie made too many gay jokes etc) and that I apparently 'like girls too much'. I think people have the idea of the 'typical gay' stuck in their head, and if you don't fit the description, you can't be gay. Go figure.

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never dated any girls in high school but I learned how to make lots and lots of heterosexual sexual innuendo... so I could talk the talk but was never into walking the walking. That was definitely a proving thing for me, happily I think the only proving thing, and it turned out to be quite useful once I came out, too, because most gay people appreciate people who are witty and can talk dirty. *grin*