1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is the LGBT community so against Donald Trump?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Nov 4, 2016.

?

Do you consider Trump as a friend to the LGBT Community?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Don't know (but I will find out when he gets into office)

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

How do I make people feel emotions?

Let's test this. Feel sad.

I'm making you feel sad right now.

Cry.

Are you crying?

Is it working?

I'm not in charge of your emotions. Now maybe you feel mad right now in response to what I'm saying, but I'm not making you feel mad. I don't control your brain and your body. You do.

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you give some sort of example. No emotion --> you are right, Someone is mad --> not due to you, but due to the person himself/herself. So you're still right. Pointless example.

You can easily cause people to feel annoyed, sad, angry, and so on. If I tell someone that she looks very pretty, she may feel happy about it. Shouldn't be hard to get. Moreover, you can most certainly give someone false hope, as I've explained.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You give people false hope by telling them sweet nothings and making bogus promises you know you can't keep. He tells people in West Virginia who are trying to vote their way back to the 1950's when coal mining jobs were abundant that he'll end the so-called "War on coal" and to the angry old men who make up the Republican base that he'll put blacks, Mexicans, gays, women and other groups of people back in their places Make America Great Again™.

Now when those supporters see that their campaign is losing, you further instill false hope by claiming that the polls are all wrong and that we're going to win because those evil pollsters are conspiring with Democrats. Here's a look back at how that worked for the Republicans in 2012:

[YOUTUBE]S76tc1_4kw4[/YOUTUBE]

They've convinced themselves that Donald Trump will win New York and California and the kind of massive landslide that Ronald Reagan won in 1984. But it isn't so.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally think Trump has no issues with the LGBT community. He has been in show business for a while and in the pst he has proven to be somewhat socially liberal. The problem I see with him is that he is running as a republican, and will be pressured to push through anti-LGBT policies. I don't think gay marriage will be repealed if he is elected, and I think people are trying to scare others into voting Hillary. I didn't vote for either. If trump had a chance at winning California I may have voted for him.

5. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can't "give me" false hope. I might feel hopeless, or angry, or whatever but you didn't "give it" to me. It's not like an STD. Sorry babe, I might have given you false hope. Go to the doctor and get checked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Some of the things you guys says are ridiculous.

Giving false hope. That's not a thing.

Voting back to the 1950's. Voting isn't a Delorean.

Putting women and blacks back in their places. Like the democrats aren't? Didn't you hear how the Democrats are shaming black people who vote republicans as race traitors? Seriously go look it up.

I'll give you that you make some great emotional appeals though.

6. AlamoCity

A president usually has some limited power. I guess as others have said his single greatest "contribution" would be his nomination of justices and judges to the federal judiciary who would have tangible effects on the LGBT community. Simply put: how would his nominees interpret the laws and constitution on LGBT issues?

7. Psaurus918

Yeah the things "we" say are ridiculous. Do you even read your posts?

8. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He's probably just pandering. Although, he never really had a lot to say against LGBT rights before running for president.

#48 Skaros, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  9. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. You seem, again, unfamiliar with the expression "giving someone false hope". Rather than countering my example, you are stating "impossible, can't be done! You cannot 'give' it". You seem oblivious to the fact that this is an expression.
    2. You are not giving me false hope. If you think you are, then explain why you think so.
    3. You don't have to go to a doctor in such a case.

It'd be nice if you either address the issue properly, or leave it alone because you cannot or are not willing to address it.

10. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so then the conclusion we have reached is "Donald Trump used a common expression" He sounds like a monster. How dare he use common expressions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.