1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is the LGBT community so against Donald Trump?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Nov 4, 2016.

?

Do you consider Trump as a friend to the LGBT Community?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Don't know (but I will find out when he gets into office)

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    On the contrary Trump deserves an apology, and more, for the treatment he has received through media brainwashing and the tactics of the establishment elite and career politicians and the big corporations and donors and special interests.

As far as discrimination goes ''I suffered discrimination'', but they were technically Muslims in Turkey who felt safe online to issue death-threats. I don't really care about that because I don't live in Turkey. I've never been a soft-hear.ted person and Trump's call for tough measures is music to my ears (but I agree with him on nearly everything else anyways).

Prove to me that he has sexually assaulted women (maybe via message would be best as this is off-topic). The problem with labels is that they are just statements which sound bombastic but are either unproven. They're so untrue in fact that even the media realized the public saw through it after the Gloria Allred leaks.

Yes I'm Italian and I care (*hug*) This election effects us Europeans too.

2. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never actually heard anything to connect to Trump to LGBTs, positive or negative. I think that because he is an individual who is very divisive, and has made some questionable comments; a large proportion of the LGBT community have sided against him on the assumption that he is homophobic (even though he's not really).

Also, let's face it, he's a fun person to dislike. It can be amusing to go on and on about how rubbish he is, and if you're with the right people, they'll agree with you. He's just a high-profile, crazy, and very abrasive sort of person, so it's no wonder a lot of LGBT people reject him.

#22 Reciprocal, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Because some LGBTs happen to be Mexican, Women and Muslims?

#24 edy, Nov 4, 2016
  5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A Great Response!!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. Psaurus918

As usual AwesomeGaytheist hit the nail on the head...

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, someone who wants to overturn marriage equality and legalize conversion therapy is a true friend to the LGBTQ+ community.

Bullshit. Trump is a friend to us like Voldemort is to muggles and muffle borne.

8. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The point is that the vast majority of us are middle or lower class. It doesn't matter how many rights you have on paper if we can't get a job and are homeless. This is the reason why I think many of the LGBT community like Trump. They realize Hillary is going to try to sell our wealth to her shills for personal gain. He's not a strong supporter of LGBT, but his economic policies will do more to help the LGBT community than Hillary's pandering.

It broils down to basic economics. If you increase the price for something, the demand goes down. For people who are wanting to start a business or expand a business... If you increase the price of doing business (via taxation), their will be less demand/desire to start a business. That means that those businesses that were not opened did not create jobs, which the vast majority of the positions are held by those in the lower and middle class.

This has already been shown in modern times in America by the tax cuts the piece of crap that let a large amount of our community die in the 80's. While I hate Reagan, he proved that lowering taxes increased business and job creation so much that tax revenue went up. Wouldn't want the facts get in the way of a good argument, would we?

Source for the increase in revenue:
    The "rich" paid more, the lower and middle class paid less. Unemployment went down. Interest rates went way down so average people could get a home. Please explain your logic on thinking tax increases will help us in in the lower and middle class?

So you think I am brainwashed because of my geographical location? Not a very intelligent or ethical way to debate. I guess you find it acceptable to attack people because of arbitrary factors such as location...Just not so much on factual data. :eusa_naug

Poor people (for the vast majority) are not the ones giving others jobs, they are the wealthy that provide the jobs. (The exception being industries with low entry barriers and low startup costs, which are few and far between) One of my bachelor's degrees was in entrepreneurial studies, so your lack of understanding/education in the subject is fine, I already voted for my candidate. (See how that sounds when it's thrown back at you)

Seeing as most people in the LGBT community fit into the lower or middle class, I would think that they want to have money to sustain themselves. Our country is already in a downward spiral of unsustainable spending and debt, and Hillary's demonizing of wealthy people saying they will have to pay their "fair share" (more than everyone else) is just going to drive more business out of the United States. Our manufacturing capacity has already been decimated by this rhetoric, as manufacturing requires a great deal of startup capital (Which means only the wealthy/those with enough assets as collateral can start them) The tech and services industries are starting to follow suit. Which, if we remain on the same path as we are now, will cause those industries to be destroyed as well.

#28 TXTurbo90, Nov 4, 2016
  9. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's holding the flag upside down. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The red is supposed to be on top, not on the bottom.

-

Anyway, as far as I know, people who are LGBT are more likely to be Democrat in general (see for instance this information of the Pew Research Center). I guess the reason most are so against Trump is because of his actual stances about various issues. I know you're not interested in his other issues, but I think that's very important here (abortion stances, climate change stances, economic stances). Besides that, there's obviously Pence.. Trump's stances about LGBT issues are somewhat vague (that is, he sometimes seems supportive, whereas he sometimes seems to not care much).

Last but not least, Trump has said things that did not go well with some people.

10. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted for no. I don't understand why there are so many gay conservatives when the Republicans are always trying to make laws against the LGBT community. It was the second Bush who was pushing to make an amendment to outlaw gay marriage. And Pence is a huge homophobe. It was also republican Ted Cruz who once said that "good Christians" were being denied their rights to discriminate against queer people. Even if I for some reason thought Trump was an ally to us, I couldn't vote for him because he once said of our country's enemies: "I'd bomb the hell out of them." Whoever wants World War III should vote for Trump.

11. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried to PM you but you're not a full member

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...ation-against-donald-trump/amp/?client=safari

There. Every case of alleged sexual assault against Trump. He has not been convicted of anything yet, but if that many women are charging him with perversion then there's something up.

Also I think the reason Trump thinks the media is against him is because they're putting all the awful shit he does on TV with no editing xD

#31 galaxygia, Nov 4, 2016
  12. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First off, I'm just going to say this: I'm not American, but I'm still allowed to have an opinion on Trump. Especially seeing as he might be granted access to the nuclear launch codes. So yes, those of us living outside the US are still allowed to voice our opinions, so don't try to shut us down with those "you're not American so why do you care" arguments.

It really baffles me that Trump has gotten so far in the election when he's so aggressively racist and sexist. Here you all are, voting for a guy who wants to build a wall to keep Mexicans out of America. A guy who has said that he would sleep with his daughter if they weren't related. I'll be honest, I don't know much about his views on the LGBTQ+ community, but I agree with what other posters have said - the majority of people voting for him are probably white men who aren't affected by half of his views. The LGBTQ+ community, believe it or not, isn't just for cis white men.

I mean, Clinton isn't a really a good choice either, but she seems like the lesser of two evils.

13. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The LGBT community is against Trump the same reason many non-LGBT people are. They generally can't see what is happening in this country or the world. They can't see how he is the first Presidential candidate who isn't having his campaign financed by special interests, and they are to a large extent buying into all the spin and media bias.

They don't know that 90% of the mainstream media is owned by six companies. They don't know that most people in the media donate money to the left.

Most people say they hate "evil corporations" but then they watch "evil corporation news" and elect "evil corporation funded political candidates" etc.

There are a lot of reasons why. I can't even hit the tip of the iceberg.

14. YeahpIdk

Can I favorite this?

15. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You might not like idea of a wall, but he makes a good point about it which is that if you don't enforce your border then you don't have a country. That's what a country is. It's a dotted line on a map.

Also, most of his "racist" and "sexist" comments are completely out of context. I'm not saying the guy is the most moral upstanding guy ever, but neither was Bill Clinton and how many women and minorities voted for him?

Did you ever see the video of Obama showing his erection to female reporters on a plane? Cause it's real. Go look it up on You Tube. He poses for them and shows off. How is that any worse than anything Trump has said, yet the media never pointed it out? Why?

Because the left leaning media, who donates to the left, has a reason to not report on it?

16. Psaurus918

The reason why Trump got as far as he did is what scares me the most. He's giving false hope to uneducated blue collar Americans who think Trump is going to make America great again.

I mean this guy is an absolute clown and unfortunately people are buying into his circus.

17. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How do you give false hope? You are either hopeful or you aren't. You can't give people emotions. Emotions aren't candy to pass out like Halloween.

18. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To give someone false hope is an expression. It means you cause people to be hopeful, even though the hopes of the people will not come true.

Telling someone who is terminally ill, who is going to die, that "this herbal medicine can cure you" can give the person hope. False hope, in this case, since the person will die.

19. Psaurus918

Not sure if you're being serious? You most certainly can make people feel emotions.

20. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    i see him as a huge enemy, rolling back rights and progress

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.