1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I cannot post on the other's wall?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by DoubleSoul, Feb 26, 2015.

1. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

When I receive a wall message and click on "View Conversation", it appears this message:

DoubleSoul, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I don't have my account disabled and I don't want to edit someone else's post...I just want to post wall messages.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The other individual, probably, has their profile settings, which includes their Wall, set to private. You can remedy this by adding that person as a Friend.

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Is this happening with just one user, or with any user who posts on your wall?

When you access a member's profile directly, a message box should appear underneath the My Wall column, if their privacy settings allow wall messages to be posted. Is that appearing for you? If so, do messages send when you use that to try and post to members' walls?

Martin.

4. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I was contacted only by two users (you know, I'm new on EC) and I'm not able to see their wall messages but I'm able to see Kaiser's wall messages, for example.

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've just had a look at this on a test account and I got the same errors as you. Certain areas of the profile aren't displaying under my test account, and the missing sections are consistent with the permission customisations that can be made on the profile privacy page. The solution in this case would be to send that member a friend request, which should allow you to access their wall (and other sections) if they accept it. :slight_smile:

6. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

EDIT:

I exchanged two messages with Kaiser and I'm able to send her them :slight_smile: Maybe the other two users have their privacy settings restricted.

---------- Post added 26th Feb 2015 at 08:59 PM ----------

Thanks, Martin! :slight_smile: