1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do some lesbians have short hair?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Butterfly6, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really hope that doesn't come off as being offensive, but I've noticed more lesbians than straight women have short hair. When I was coming out to myself I kept having these urges to tell people I'm gay and chop off my long hair. When I think of myself with another woman I either see her as fem and I have short hair or more masculine and I have long hair. I'm not sure why I feel like this, I'm just curious if anyone has any opinions...

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Possibly branding. So if people think short haired woman = lesbian, then a lesbian might get her hair cut so other women know to identify her as liking women.

Of course it doesn't work so well now in the uk that straight women also cut short hair.

Think like how some gay men got one earing in one ear (I think it was left side) so other men knew he is gay. This doesn't really mean anything now though since gay men don't have to keep it secret.

Love4Ever and Nightlight like this.
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    because short hair is damn cool
    why you feel like this - because you do. gender expression has all sorts of shapes

Verklighet likes this.