1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do lesbians hate bisexual girls?

Discussion in 'Anonymous Sexual Orientation' started by Anonymous, Jan 11, 2018 at 4:27 PM.

1. Anonymous

Even if my crush is gay as I hope she is, she might not like me after she gets to know that I am bisexual. I have seen so many lesbians saying how it would be unfortunate to come across a hot girl and find out she is bi. What is so wrong about being bi? Why do lesbians hate us so much?? Are we bad at sex like a straight girl? I just don't understand...it makes me sad. I have felt alienated for whom I love, just like every gay people. I've been through it too. But in my case. both the gay party and hetero party hate me, say that I'm "slutty". I didn't open my heart to you just to be slutshamed. If you are a lesbian, please explain what bi girls have done wrong. :/

2. Anonymous

I think lesbians are just intimidated by bi women. They are scared that eventually bi girls will leave them for a guy, a traditional family etc.
    Which to certain extent kind of makes sense...

LightChasa likes this.
  3. AmberRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just sounds like ignorant people. Be thankful they showed their true colors early on than later.

4. Cierra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think lesbians hate bisexual women, it's just that the two communities are very, very different with very different histories, and I think many lesbians feel that they can't relate to the experiences of bisexual women, but bisexual women typically act as if they understand the life of a lesbian. Those are the arguments I've heard on the matter, at least. I think lesbians, understandably, want women who are a part of the lesbian community and who have a shared history. I don't think most lesbians are adverse to the idea of dating bisexual women, though.

5. PlantSoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As I understand it, lesbians are distrustful towards bisexual women. They fear them one day leaving them for a man.

LightChasa likes this.
  6. PatrickUK

Staff Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's at all true that lesbians hate bisexual women. It may be true that some lesbians have a certain mistrust of bisexual women, but I think it's quite an exaggeration to suggest that the majority, or anything close to the majority harbour such feelings. It's a sad reality that some people (straight and gay) have an instinctive mistrust of bisexual people and they really do need to put in a bit of self work and get over it.

AmberRose, mask1985 and becKEY0011 like this.
  7. BosiMalkia

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my world 9/10 times I'll meet a girl that identifies as a bisexual rather than a lesbian. Just like above post stated, some fear being left, not being enough, etc. None of those are YOUR problems.

becKEY0011 likes this.