1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I love anime music so much?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jalouis, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Jalouis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally love anime for several reasons. Usually, anime shows have plots, themes, and motifs that are outside the norm of western media. They get you really thinking about the human condition. They force you to adopt new perspectives. Also, character development is clearly a big focus of these shows. They can make characters like Yuno Gasai (Future Diary) lovable. Lastly, Art style is a big factor. As a long standing fan of cartoons in general I've always enjoyed the art. The way people can draw a face to convey emotion and personality is truly amazing.

I like it because it's more creative in a sense. You have a lot more options to work with that can't happen in live action.

2. dbri

dbri Guest

So many great anime, so little time!

I like some anime music or songs like intro tunes and stuff. I play guitar so I really enjoy hearing a groovy tune in anime movies or shows. Best example I can give would be the intro to "Trigun". In my opinion, one of the best anime series. Even some of the old Dragon Ball Z intro music was a pretty cool.

3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Aside from opening and closing credits sequences (which is how I got into Asian Kung Fu Generation), I honestly haven't paid much attention to the soundtracks. The only real exceptions would be Fooly Cooly (which is how I got into The Pillows) and Cowboy Bebop (awesome soundtrack). Oh, and the .//Hack series has some great music, too.

4. dbri

dbri Guest

I didn't pay much attention when I first watched through several movies or series. After I became a better musician I started hearing the songs and tunes better. I can get down with Cowboy Bebop and .//hack series. Some of the original Funimation stuff had different soundtracks. For instance, I mentioned DBZ, the Broly movie had a bunch of 90s and early 2000's heavy metal type stuff when it was released. Pretty cool stuff to me.

5. Loves books

I watched a couple of different anime series and never payed much attention to the soundtrack. I stopped watching some of them because they were too weird. These days I’m just rewatching my way through Pokémon. One of the earlier seasons had Pikachu’s jukebox. They played a song I always remembered the chorus of but forgotten where I had originally heard it. I notice the soundtrack in Pokémon because it’s repetitive.

6. Nespit

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same! I love the Beastars intro, Full metal alchemist and Inuyasha's (all of the endings) especially.