1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I feel so empty inside?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Arianna240985, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Arianna240985

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Excuse my English, it's not my first language.

Admitting that I might be trans has been the most difficult thing I had to do in my life. It took 32 years for me to realize what was really 'wrong' in my life. Now that I know, I feel more confuse than ever and don't even know what to do about it.

I have been feeling very weird about my body and the way I look on the outside.....I've been feeling really weird and I don't like it. I go to bed thinking about it, and I wake up thinking about...It's driving me crazy.

What should I do? What steps should I take in order to.....feel better about this? How do I help myself?

TRANS COMMUNITY I NEED YOUR ADVISE!!

2. beewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! I was where you are until just recently, and it's really freaking awful. It's just am emptiness caused by not knowing who you are or what to do. "Weird" is just how I would describe it. All I can say is, this is the time for research and self discovery. That feeling isn't going to just go away; you are feeling it for a reason. I would recommend looking into transgender authors and creators, like people on YouTube.

Dara Hoffman-Fox is a gender counselor who recently released a workbook called "You and Your Gender Identity." I've only worked part of the way through it; I don't know if it would be helpful to you.

S. Bear Bergman is a transgender author who you might also like to check out. His book "Butch is a Noun" was written when he identified as a lesbian, but I found it helpful in figuring out my gender.

Sam Dylan Finch is a transgender man who writes the blog, Let's Queer Things Up. There might be something useful there as well.

There are also several Reddit boards for discussing transgender issues. You can probably find them by searching "reddit transgender" or something like that.

I'm racking my brains for more sources, but I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet. I'll come back if I think of more.