1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do i bother trying

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Clinker, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Clinker

Clinker Guest

i came out to my mother today. What the hell were both of us thinking?

First time she brushed it off. This was two or three years ago.

This time was a rather upsetting response to the point i cried.

I made the mistake of agreeing to meet with an older man (he never turned up) a while ago and I learned my lesson, but she refuses to let go of this (i know it was wrong, so leave it)
    She thought it had something to do with this.

She then said something about trying to see my father? The fuck did that have to do with anything? Haven't seen him since age 8 so why see him now?

Then it was "you've never been with a girl so how do you know"

Im now locked in the fucking closet again. Locked on the outside and the inside.

Not looking for advice or support, just needed to say what happened. Why do i bother.

They aren't homophobic, they support my gay married cousin, in fact hes the only one who accepted it and offered support. But i hardly see him let alone know him well.

Why do i borher trying

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear that. Try to get in touch with your cousin - having contact with supportive family members will help.

Why do you think your mom is supporting your cousin, but is having trouble accepting you?

3. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because people don't think about how their children are actually important, instead they think about how their children affect their social image.