1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did you join this website?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScottRhys, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I joined to become a part of a community wherein I can be my true self, the person I am everyday in the closet, since I can't let the real me out in real life.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never connected much with the LGBT community until I joined. I knew I was a part of it, but I wasn't that bothered until I couldn't ignore the gender dysphoria I was having and had to do something about it.

3. Elam

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was confused about my gender identity, about coming out, and I just wanted some advice. It's great to see that people cared about my situation and helped me out. :slight_smile:

4. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because when I have free time, I enjoy expressing opinions and seeing what others' opinions are.

5. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mainly for some social interaction with less judgy people.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just for fun.

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I needed somewhere to vent, and a way to talk with like-minded individuals. In the "mini-theocracy" where I live people like me aren't exactly able to be social. I'll keep my feelings to myself, and everything I say here consists of things I am afraid to say out loud.
    So I come here, and say what I need to say. It's done wonders for my stress levels.

Another reason is the individual here and there I feel like I can give relevant advice to, it's nice to be useful every now and then, being able to help even a little just feels right.

8. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Initially, I joined because I was trying to figure out my sexuality, and I was looking for an LGBT+ community or forum online where I could talk things out. Did some googling, signed up here, haven't looked back since :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Now I'm here in general for the people and to be able to interact in the community, maybe give some advice where I can, and also just be myself.

#28 Alder, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  9. killswitch0029

I got around to accepting my sexuality and figured it'd be nice to meet other people and maybe offer some advice to other people's problems

10. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because I was having an issue dealing with a problem with a friend and also with depression.

11. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To get help and advice for things that where going on in my life at the time; you know, boys and parents.

12. entopen

For advice on coming out and desire to be in a safe LGBT community.

13. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    to help myself out the closet. I also wanted to see if there were other lgbt metalheads and long behold there were! honestly i didn't have too much expectations but i wound up staying. Now I'd help any way i can. Hopefully I helped people with some advice here and there, nothing gives me more joy then to help someone out.

14. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For about 20 years, I've been unsure about myself and who I truly am. Feelin' confused and lost in life. I'm a straight male who has a higher interests for women's clothin' than many others (I believe?(A)) and I wish to be strong and courage enough to come out to my parents, relatives and friends:slight_smile: I'm havin' a hard time to be able to date girls, for I have a strong feelin' that this interest of mine might scare many off:/

There's been many late nights for me when I was browsin' the web for a forum or somewhere I could meet and chat with persons thinkin' and feelin' like me (doesn't necessarily has to be transthoughts, just meetin' people feelin' insecure and be able to talk with some who might feel the same as I do:slight_smile: ) I stumbled across this site and checked the forums a couple of times 'til I decided to create an alt-mail so I could join this site^^ Only those friends who knows about my interests for women's clothin, as I call it 'transthoughts'(A), knows that I've joined but I haven't told anyone else so I have to be sure that noone's gonna bust through the door while I'm here

#34 Misadori, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  15. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not interested in being part of the scene so being on here is my only connection to the LGBT community. :slight_smile:

16. Glowing Eyes

Nobody in my life really understood me. Before this site, I looked around the good parts of tumblr but didn't get an account 'cause of the crazy parts and 'cause I found it a pain-in-the-butt to navigate (yeah I can be a bit lazy at times). I saw this forum a few times earlier and was feeling kinda down and decided to start reading and the community here is just fantastic. So after a long overdue while, I decided to join. I also wanted to be able to feel like myself.

17. ChameleonSoul

I joined to have people to talk about my issues with. I was a questioning little 16 year old at the time and I had no support network and wasn't aware of anyone who lived nearby who was LGBT. While I still question myself sometimes, I'm in a much more stable place than I used to be.

18. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I joined nearly 9 years ago, and at the time Scotland did not feel like a very tolerant place at all (gay people were rarely ever discussed, except in jokes.) I had just come out to my best friends who were shocked and had no idea how to communicate with me about it (for months, but after that they were great- I think they just needed time to get used to it, but for me, for months, it felt really awful.) Coming out was one of the most painful experiences of my life and I didn't get that sense of freedom that others had, and I had such a bad experience coming out, I was even more scared to come out to my parents and family (as my parents are a bit religious and thought they were homophobic.) Of course once I did tell them a few years later, when I was a lot more confident, they were fantastic and I got that wonderful feeling of freedom when coming out.

But it was only through joining here (as I was desperate to speak to anyone about what I was going through) and getting help and support from the wonderful people on this site that I was able to move forward, tackle my depression (which had reared it's ugly head again when I was joining after suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts/actions in my teens), and move on with my life. This site had a fantastic effect on my life, allowing me to have the courage to put myself out there, to come out to everyone in my life, it has allowed me to meet other gay people in the real world, eventually marrying one. It's all worked out fairly well, but 9 years ago I was scared and alone and so that's why I joined. I'm just glad this site existed and all the support was available here to help me through it.

19. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Finally put the dots together, came out to both myself and my best friends, and I felt like I wanted to talk to other people like me who I can relate to.

20. Ham4Ham

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For a way to gradually (and relatively privately) explore/figure out my gender identity within a support network. A way better medium to ask questions than tumblr as well (also, again, more private, since pretty much all of my close friends are on tumblr and I'm sure they'd find any other blogs I made no matter how hard I tried to hide them).