1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did you come to EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosalynn, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Rosalynn

Just what the title said. Why did you sign up for Empty Closets?

For me, I thought that if I read enough posts and hoped really hard then BAM, the fog would lift and I would somehow just know my orientation. And then I stuck around.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    While I hoped I might read something that would help me come out, more than anything I just wanted somewhere I could be myself and talk about the stuff that I don't normally discuss with anybody. A major bonus was getting to know some fantastic people.

3. Yosia

I came for advice, and stayed for the community <3

4. Lyana

Did it help?

I joined EC the same way I join any forum -- I Googled something that brought up a relevant EC thread, and after reading a bunch of threads on here that I found very interesting and informative, I signed up. I remember thinking the community seemed incredibly supportive and I thought, I could get used to this.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Found it while using Google - I forget what I was looking for, but I happened to come across this site, and ended up registering. It's rare for me to come across a forum that I don't find extremely boring, but this one has managed to keep me entertained. This is the only forum that I post on anymore.. I've registered to a few others but they lose my interest. If it wasn't for this site, I'd rarely use a computer at all (and even then, I mostly just browse on my phone or iPad).

I'd actually like to see my first post on here - but vBulletin forums never let you go back that far on your 'See more Posts' section.

#5 imnotreallysure, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  6. wolf of fire

I decided as part of my coming out process I should join an LGBT support site (it made sense at the time)

7. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I joined to be social, make friends really and remind myself that I'm not alone.

8. Psaurus918

I guess since I don't have any close gay friends I wanted a place I could visit and talk with others like myself

9. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

95% of my friends are straight, so I came here to talk guys and cute butts. And guys with cute butts.

10. fappiness

Out Status:
    Some people
    Rosalynn (I love that name by the way) that's kind of why I came here too. I've been searching for a place to give me some kind of support and advice on my sexuality for a while and thought if I joined I might find and answer :')

11. Candace

I came to find more people like me along with having a safe haven :slight_smile:

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I had already been out to family and everyone 10 years before joining, but I was still very depressed and had internalized homophobia. I had therapists, but wanted general advice from people who actually got it too.

That and I love chatting about LGBT topics.

13. Fafner

I signed up for pretty much the same reasons you did :slight_smile:

14. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came because I was a confused mess.

15. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I signed up because a forum exactly like this one really helped me when I was younger. I figured if I could give back some advice from my (very limited) experience, or at the very least make someone feel less alone - I should. :slight_smile: I'm really glad I did because this is a great community and you guys are all so lovely.

16. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was just hoping for support from people who understood. I'm not out to my friends or family, and I wanted a place I could be myself. I love my girlfriend very much but she's never had to be closeted and she has trouble understanding what it's like.

17. Rosalynn

Not in the way I thought it would. EC helped me realise that labels should fit us, not the other way around. I decided that pansexual just suited me best, so I went with that.

18. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

Well I've been very conflicted about my gender identity, and I came across EC when I was searching for answers to my questions and I got addicted.:slight_smile:

19. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I panicked, typed something into google (can't remember what), and found the forums. I had just come out to myself and really needed to talk about it.

I then had a break from it for a couple of years and then came back. I came back because I was dealing with the day-to-day reality of being gay and also to give back some of the help I'd found so helpful when I was struggling.

20. CyanChachki

My city doesn't have a huge LGBTQ+ community and we definitely don't do a lot. We have one drag night a year and if you want to have any kind of LGBTQ+ related party, you can stand in line for the only gay bar we have here. It's bleak I tell ya.. so I went looking for a site that I could join instead. I tried 3 others prior to this one and they where nothing compared to this :slight_smile: