1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why being disabled affects me more than being gay (even inside the community)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Creativemind, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, to clarify...I'm not so much insecure because I haven't accomplished an education or a long standing career (There are 30 year old freshmen at my college), it's more about being immature and developmentally behind for my age. I have noticed, when I date women in my own age group (25-30 ish) that it becomes a mother-daughter like relationship. I CAN make something good out of it though, because if they're into power dynamics, I do fit a more submissive partner very well (not into the heavy pain stuff though)

I've had the most luck when I have found women my age who are on a similar level. I've met one or two lesbians like this (one was severely mentally ill, but lived in a different state). It might be easier if they made dating sites for disabled or mentally ill people who want to find someone on their "level". BTW, I found one site like this but it sadly didn't have a 'gay' filter. I was only being messaged by men on it so I stopped using it.

#41 Creativemind, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Lia444 likes this.
  2. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I understand it sucks being lonely, and I share your pain. I hope you find somebody to be with you. The holidays can feel lonely so keep your chin up, pal. :wink:

3. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can sort of relate to what you are saying, I don’t look or feel my age and dating women my age or older would feel like a mother daughter type thing but then if I go younger then I will probably feel like the mother so it is hard to find someone on the same page as you but everyone is different and not everyone lives there life exactly the same so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we both find someone. :grinning: