1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why aren't my posts showing up?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by dagny, Dec 29, 2016.

1. dagny

Post didn't show up?

I tried to post something in a thread and got a message that it must be approved by a moderator before it will be posted -- I'm assuming this is because it was too long? Is there a word limit in posts, or something? I'm also wondering how long it generally takes for moderators to approve posts? I'm not really sure how active this forum is in terms of moderators so I'm hoping it just doesn't just sit out there for a long time or something.

2. dagny

I tried to post a few times just now, and only one of them showed up. I also tried to post a thread that didn't show up -- why is this? I'm doubtful this thread is even going to post.

3. SiKiHe

Looking at the time you posted, I wonder if there was prolonged maintenance last night. This post has showed though!

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's possible because your account is new your posts were caught in the anti-spam safety filter and needed to be 'vetted' by a staff member before they would show up. The filter looks for words/phrases often included in spam messages, but also catches a lot of general posts (so don't be concerned).

That is one possibility, and I'm sure the server messing up could be another possibility. Either way it seems like your post has now showed up. :slight_smile:

#4 TJ, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey dagny,

Sometimes, the posts need to be approved by the staff first. Take a look at the thread. It should be fixed now. :slight_smile: