1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I starting to question again?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Flinn, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Flinn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I said I’m trans but like I like the label non-binary and my pronouns are he/they/it so can I be non-binary?Also I like my friend but I’m pretty sure they’re a lesbian and I’m confused because I might be non-binary but the whole issue with pronouns don’t equal gender which I do agree with some people don’t so I don’t know if I would be valid.Can anybody please help me out?

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ryyu.....Please don't let labels cause you a lot of distress. In the first place, you don't even need a label if you don't want or don't prefer one. Some people find a label something that gives them a feeling of belonging. Other people could care less as they feel that they are who they are and a label makes no difference at all! :old_smile: Likewise pronouns...there are a number of people to whom pronouns are quite important and others that really don't care at all. It seems to me that it makes more of a difference to someone who is trans or someone who looks somewhat androgynous. These people are often quite tired of being mis-gendered and so pronouns are important to them. If pronouns are important to you, then you'll have to let people know when you meet them what your pronouns are. However, you should realize that there are people who dislike the whole "pronoun business" and may not react in a very polite way. Such is the way our society is today. :old_frown: If you feel that you are non-binary...that is a decision that only you can make. No one else, including your friend can make that decision for you. It matters not at all whether your friend is non-binary or not, as you must make your decision based upon how you feel in your body. Do you internally (in your innermost being - your mind) feel male, female or neither? That is the question that you have to answer. I hope at least some of this has helped! :old_big_grin: Hey...please keep us updated on how this goes, and don't forget...you are a part of our wonderful LGBTQIA+ Family and we do care!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Ryyu likes this.
  3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Things can get confusing when it comes to gender. I think it is important to remember that figuring out who you are is a journey. I've been a bit all over the map, but I just followed what made me comfortable. I think that focusing on yourself and how you feel is important right now. That will help you feel more confident when you are looking to start a relationship.

Ryyu likes this.