1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's hung out naked outside?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Jul 23, 2019.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was younger I was one of those guys who would peel his shirt off at the drop of a hat, but as far as actual outdoor full nudity only really pool and beach parties (although a fair number of those). I have a hard time believing naked backpacking would even be comfortable--I'm quite the fan of a proper foundation garment...

3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did a lot for beach parties and other ocean related stuff as well. There's just something about water that makes it feel less weird to be chilling around naked, even with other people there. In high school we had a no clothes allowed boat party far enough away for the Coast Guard to not care and that was pretty fun too.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'd pretty much have to put a gun to my head to get me to even take my shirt off in public

lonewolf79, Tritri and Mysteria like this.
  5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL same

6. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is pretty common hiking in the desert to find a pothole and go for a swim and hang out sunbathing nude for awhile. Done this with friends my whole life. Mountain hot springs ditto. When we kayak, we have on drysuits that are too hot to sit around in during rests. So, my male and female friends will often hang out without any clothing. Naked hiking once in awhile just for the freedom of it. But, backpacking...not so much...with the pack it just seems silly. Although we once thwarted a mountain biking documentary film by riding through the scene with nothing on.

Hanging out with no clothing can be very freeing. You start to care less about your body image...once you get used to it.

I have found that my gay buddies are more self conscious about this than my straight buddies and my gay buddies will not consider hanging out naked in mixed company. I wonder why that is?

#6 Nickw, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  7. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am also in this camp. I even wear a shirt in the pool and at the beach. Sucks being fat and self conscious.

lonewolf79 likes this.
  8. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was in Hawaii on a group trip. We did a short hike up a river, and we were hanging out at a swimming hole, buck-naked. Then a Boy Scout group arrived. It felt just like one of those dreams where I realize I'm somewhere like at work when I realize I'm naked.

9. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have but only in the company of other gay friends at several pool parties. Interestingly they were all gay parties not mixed. I guess I might feel uncomfortable in a mixed setting as I truly don’t want to see nude women any longer.Even at the beach with the next to nothing bikinis women now wear I find it gross. Saw that, did that,got the tee-shirt and then tossed it. lol

#9 Contented, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    maybgayguy likes this.
  10. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same here! I'm not that chubby though, but growing up was told that I am chubby. But even now I'm too shy to take off my shirt, may be on the beach, I change shirts quickly when I'm exercising sometimes too. But not comfortable at all doing that. Kind of forcing myself to do it in order to go out of my comfort zone for once!

11. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I am one of those folks that find the human form quite attractive in many variations. A little chubby doesn't bother me. I'm not really looking for something to turn me on. I just like the sense of setting aside the pretenses of clothing once in awhile in a non-sexual and non-judgmental way. That said, occasionally, someone has an undeniably nice body (man or woman) and, well, my mind may wander a bit.

brainwashed and Destin like this.
  12. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not naked, only shirtless. But I'm so self-conscious about people seeing me shirtless that I might as well have been naked.
    I've only taken my shirt off outside on the farm where it's hot and nobody else happens to be around.

#12 Tritri, Jul 24, 2019
  13. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So honest question for everyone saying they don't like taking their shirt off...why? I get the insecurity thing, but what's the worst that could happen? Even if somebody hates how you look it's not like they're going to walk up and start insulting you about it, especially in a place where it's expected like a beach or pool. You'll more than likely never even know they didn't like it.

I don't really like how my torso looks either because I feel too small and not muscular enough due to being a small dude, but it's never stopped me from going shirtless. I would never expect someone to keep their shirt on even if there was something that bothered me underneath, if I don't like it I don't have to look, that's my problem not theirs and shouldn't affect their freedom to dress how they want.

#13 Destin, Jul 24, 2019
    Evgeny, Danabutton and Nickw like this.
  14. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not sure if it is the "insecurity" or what I got is a definition of it or not, but I just don't feel comfortable taking my shirt off in public. It is kind of a feeling that my privacy is breached somehow. I don't have a problem on how my body looks, and I don't typically care much of what other people thing of it/me. For instance, on a beach or swimming pool setting, I would take my shirt off to swim but prefer to put it back on if I'm just walking around or sitting/relaxing. Growing up in the middle east and within my family circle I was always taught the privacy thing, including body and private life protection, although many from the middle east don't have those traits (check the beaches all around!). So, I'd say, to me, it's a mix of influences: cultural, religious, and personal?

#14 bearheart, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Destin likes this.
  15. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Count me in as one who enjoys the freedom and relaxing of being free of clothes!

16. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think outdoor nudity is fairly common actually, even if it's only in the privacy of our own garden or property. With soaring temperatures around the world people are tossing aside inhibitions and body issues to stay cool and comfortable and I really don't blame them. Today has been the hottest day on record in the UK and I'm afraid people have had to suffer the sight of my shirtless body and hairy legs, whether it pleases or offends. If I found a nice shaded area or cool lake, I'd probably be a lot more daring myself. It's just one of those days where you think "to hell with it".

17. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something tells me your uber-religious family was not aware of this debauchery. :slight_smile:

BothWaysSecret and Destin like this.
  18. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Right now, its not something I would ever do. When I get into a relationship and I feel better about my body (ie someone finds me sexy) then I might consider it in an area where it is legal like a nudist resort, or a nude beach. When I feel confident about myself, I like the feeling of having my shirt off at home. Like wearing jeans and going shirtless. I'm not a pool person because I am not proud of my body (its something I'm working on, please no one tell me I should be proud of my body, I know I should). It doesn't help that I have psorasis which seems to be somewhat under control at the moment.

19. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup that pretty much sums it up.

Interesting. I'll have to watch for these types of reactions.

Once you get over the initial shock of being naked it's really quite freeing.

#19 brainwashed, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  20. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bingo!

In all honesty being naked in front of others, seeing others naked in social setting has made me more human and appreciative of what it means to be human.

Oh man I go absolute insane in Europe where is seems there is an appreciation for the RAW human form. I think all the wonderful art in Europe teaches Europeans an appreciation for the nude human body.