1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants to just Yell

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hawkeye, Mar 29, 2005.

1. hawkeye

For the past few months, I feel like I just want to yell out to the world that I'm Bi (Or gay, depending on how disinterested in girls I am at the time). Of course I will never do this I'm sure, I feel great that I can do this here.

I'M BI

I feel so good to accept this after my 3-4 year "battle".
    Anyone else here just want to yell it out to everyone you know, but are held back?

2. Aaron

Aaron Guest

I used to feel like that, before I came out. In fact I kind of did it today! :icon_wink

I was at work, and there is this new guy there. Even newer than me, and I've only been there for a week. Well, one of the girls was like, "I hope he's gay, we need more gay guys working here."

And I put up my hand and went, "OOH, OOH, OOH, I AM!"

It was pretty funny.

Maybe you'll be able to do the same, eventually! :icon_wink

3. Micah

Yeah, I've been there before.... Infact just yesterday my friend was talking about some girl, telling me how much i would like her and stuff. I just wanted to turn around and tell him that I'm gay.

4. nisomer

same here. i hate lying when i talk about girls, or when ppl ask me about them. I AM GAY!!

5. GenericSR

I've been good about not lying about me being bi... but instead I just use sneaky loopholes. For instance, if someone asks if I'm gay I say no (which is true). I don't elaborate and they don't think of the possibility of me being bi so it's usually just dropped. But I'm sick and tired of this crap. I'm not going to yell out but I am going to tell my friends soon. Hopefully. I've sort of started (one person knows) but I just need to keep the ball rolling. Let's hope it's a strike and not a gutter ball, eh?

6. Micah

Yeah Generic, I used to do that when someone asked if i was gay,
    I'd say "Nope" then think in my head "im not gay, im bi" but things have changed since then so now im lying..

Anyway, today my friends asked me, "what age limitations do you have on girls that you would date?" and i felt like saying "none, i'd only date guys" but i gave in and just said what everyone else was saying....ah well, theres always a next time.

7. Quasar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 17 and still in school, I gradually found the pressure too much and for some stupid, death-wish type of reason I thought "I'm not going to bottle it this time."

One day in class we were discussing changes of attitude towards marriage, and the teacher asked for a show of hands on who expected to get married by a certain age. Well everyone put their hand up - except me. The teacher asked if I wanted to give a reason but I said no. One of the other lads yelled out "Hey Dave, it's cos guys can't marry guys, innit!" Everyone laughed - including me - and I yelled back "That's right mate!"

After class, he came up to me really embarrassed and said, "I'm sorry if I upset you, you know I was only joking." To which I replied "You might have been, but I wasn't!" and walked off with the biggest smile on my face ever, and I guess that was the beginning of my journey!

8. greatbeyond

Yes..and i used to do it, too -- just give me a sixer of beer and wait an hour. :bang:

Oh, hi there, by the way.
    Greets
    gb

9. ahunt83

I've been feeling it all the time since i realised. It's like whenever you see a cute couple on TV or in a film and i start thinking god he looks hot and then one of my mates wil pipe up and say how hot the girl is! I just want to yell out what i'm feeling but that would definatly kill the mood. I suppose it is just the phase i'm going through where i really want to tell someone, just glad i found you lot on here.

10. nisomer

i know what ya mean man..

11. goratrix

Well, I actually make a point of saying YES every time the subject comes up. Although I give it a tone of irony, so it's quiet like saying no. However, I promised to myself that when somebody asked me if I was gay I would just tell the truth, I AM GAY!.

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree that it's good to try to avoid lying about this if possible, even if it meens being vague with the truth or avoiding the issue.

13. goratrix

I have become quiet an expert on that matter over the last couple of years. The idea is to keep every conversation gender-free, which is quiet easy in spanish. I'm not so sure about english though.

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's not always that easy in English as there are a limited number of gender-neutral terms that would replace "him", "her", "he" and "she" etc without sounding unnatural. I do use the word "partner" quite a lot where other guys might say "girlfriend" or "wife" or whatever.

15. goratrix

Another thing I usually do, is speaking fairly quick, so when I MUST use a gender term I can use a male one and most of the times they miss it. The frew times someone pointed it out I joked about it.

16. hawkeye

Wow

It's cool to see so many stories! And David! Wow, That was a funny story, I hope it didnt have too many bad repercussions.

17. goratrix

I'd be surprised If this guy took him seriously. I usually say things like those to my friends and they always laugh and take it as a joke.

18. Micah

Yeah i know, I say soo much gay stuff to my friends, but they just assume I'm joking. If only they knew :grin:

19. goratrix

and that's when your evil laugh fills the air, and you are covered by smoke and disappear!!! mwahahahaa

20. Micah

LOL Goratrix. You amuse me :wink: